    --

    Prince Of Thieves

    (To reply, remove NOSPAM from the email address)

    Prince Of Thieves, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Prince Of Thieves

    Scooby Guest

    "Prince Of Thieves" <> wrote in message
    news:7e61d.19$...
    > Is there any software available for download for most/all Cisco
    > routers/firewalls which use a GUI approach to setting up the
    > router/firewall?
    >
    > I'm looking at Cisco 801 routers and PIX 5 firewalls.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Prince Of Thieves
    > |
    > (To reply, remove NOSPAM from the email address)

    Look at the SDM - not a bad basic piece of software. I believe it will run
    on the 8xx series as well. You probably need a maint account to download
    it.

    Scooby, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Prince Of Thieves

    Larry Guest

    > Is there any software available for download for most/all Cisco
    > routers/firewalls which use a GUI approach to setting up the
    > router/firewall?

    Yes, direct from Cisco.

    > I'm looking at Cisco 801 routers and PIX 5 firewalls.

    A support contract will get you access and usually starts at about $65 a
    year.

    (¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

    Larry, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Prince Of Thieves

    Kirk Goins Guest

    Recent PIX OSes support a cisco product call PDM. 6.3 does a pretty good
    job of basic configs. It has several wizards including site to site and
    remote VPN.

    Some of the 8xx routers come with CRW( I think that's the right 3
    letters). Anyway it's a basic web based config tool.

    SDM on the newer 8xx routers is a step up from the CRW but you still
    need to know what you are doing.

    Kirk Goins, Sep 13, 2004