Software for Cisco Lab Setup for CCIE Preparation

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Asif, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Asif

    Asif Guest

    Hi,

    We are a nonprofit K-12 school and would like to provide a CCIE prep
    service to community.

    We have following equipment:

    1- Four Cisco 2500 routers
    2- Four Cisco 3600 Switches
    3- Two PIX Firewalls
    4- One 3700 Router

    We want to know how should we setup lab that students can remotely
    login and can configure these routers for different lab scenarios? We
    intend to provide lab service through telnet connection or VPN.

    Please help us in this cause.

    Thanks,

    Asif.

    Asif, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Asif

    Seabass Guest

    you're going to need a terminal server...

    regards,
    steve

    www.TexasContractorRatings.com

    Seabass, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Asif

    Asif Guest

    Will Windows 2k Terminal Server work for this? or a different terminal server?

    Asif, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Asif

    PES Guest

    I think he meant something similar to the 2500 series router with 8 async
    ports or an octal cable. If you did it with w2k terminal server, assuming
    the user had no access, you would need a com port for each router. Although
    this is possible, it is not practical.

    PES, Jul 16, 2004
  5. Asif

    Asif Guest

    Thanks for your response. I did not understand it fully. In a simple
    words, I want to setup Rack of Cisco equipment for Cisco
    certifications prep.

    Please tell me how can I setup schedular for slot booking, router
    access etc.

    Thanks,

    Asif, Jul 16, 2004