    Can anybody suggest low cost (or preferably FREE) software that will allow
    me to use the data cable to sync data between the phone and my PC? Thanks!

    - John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Oct 23, 2006

  2. John R. Baker

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:07:59 -0500, "John R. Baker"
    <> wrote:

    >Cingular forced me to trade in my old Nokia 5120 cell phone. They are
    >changing from CDMA to GSM,

    Cingular has been GSM since July 1996.

    --

    -Graham
    (remove the double e's to email)

    G. Morgan, Oct 23, 2006

  3. "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:07:59 -0500, "John R. Baker"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Cingular forced me to trade in my old Nokia 5120 cell phone. They are
    >>changing from CDMA to GSM,

    > Cingular has been GSM since July 1996.
    >

    > --
    >
    > -Graham
    > (remove the double e's to email)

    Thank you, Graham. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (or so the
    saying goes). I'm the first to admit I'm dangerous.

    But I do know this: I had to upgrade to a new-style phone, and the software
    I obtained does not seem to work with my new phone. Maybe I'm not using the
    driver correctly...

    - John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Oct 23, 2006
  4. John R. Baker

    Guest

    "John R. Baker" <> wrote:

    >Cingular forced me to trade in my old Nokia 5120 cell phone. They are
    >changing from CDMA to GSM, and soon the old phone will no longer work. In
    >the meantime, if I keep the old phone, they will charge me a premium of
    >$4.99 per month. So, I upgraded to an LG CG225 phone.
    >
    >On eBay, I bought a USB data cable that will sync phone book data,
    >ringtones, and hopefully photographs from the phone's camera with my PC.
    >The data cable, unfortunately, did not come with the necessary software.
    >
    >The vendor suggested I try software made for LG phones (see
    >http://www.igonemobile.com/downloads/index.aspx
    > LG USB Drivers. For majority of LG phones including VX3200 VX3300 VX4400
    >VX4650 VX4700 VX4750 VX5200 VX6000 VX6100 VX7000 VX8000 VX8100 VX9800).
    >
    >That software does not work with my particular model of LG cell phone.
    >
    >Can anybody suggest low cost (or preferably FREE) software that will allow
    >me to use the data cable to sync data between the phone and my PC? Thanks!

    Your phone can't be unlock'd
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/lg-cg225-unlock.htm?referer=default

    I don't think your going to find any software to transfer data to your
    computer.

    Just a relationship I've noticed.

    --
    Wait for it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-10DgWsSZNc

    , Oct 23, 2006
  5. <> wrote in message
    > "John R. Baker" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Cingular forced me to trade in my old Nokia 5120 cell phone. They are
    >>changing from CDMA to GSM, and soon the old phone will no longer work. In
    >>the meantime, if I keep the old phone, they will charge me a premium of
    >>$4.99 per month. So, I upgraded to an LG CG225 phone.
    >>
    >>On eBay, I bought a USB data cable that will sync phone book data,
    >>ringtones, and hopefully photographs from the phone's camera with my PC.
    >>The data cable, unfortunately, did not come with the necessary software.
    >>
    >>The vendor suggested I try software made for LG phones (see
    >>http://www.igonemobile.com/downloads/index.aspx
    >> LG USB Drivers. For majority of LG phones including VX3200 VX3300 VX4400
    >>VX4650 VX4700 VX4750 VX5200 VX6000 VX6100 VX7000 VX8000 VX8100 VX9800).
    >>
    >>That software does not work with my particular model of LG cell phone.
    >>
    >>Can anybody suggest low cost (or preferably FREE) software that will allow
    >>me to use the data cable to sync data between the phone and my PC?
    >>Thanks!

    > Your phone can't be unlock'd
    > http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/lg-cg225-unlock.htm?referer=default
    >
    > I don't think your going to find any software to transfer data to your
    > computer.
    >
    > Just a relationship I've noticed.
    >

    > --
    > Wait for it...
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-10DgWsSZNc

    I do not want to "unlock" the phone so it can be used with other carriers.
    I only want to be able to sync the address book, ringtones, and photos from
    the built-in camera with my PC.

    -- John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Oct 23, 2006
  6. John R. Baker

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:48:58 -0500, "John R. Baker"
    <> wrote:

    >"G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:07:59 -0500, "John R. Baker"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Cingular forced me to trade in my old Nokia 5120 cell phone. They are
    >>>changing from CDMA to GSM,

    >> Cingular has been GSM since July 1996.
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> -Graham
    >> (remove the double e's to email)

    >Thank you, Graham. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (or so the
    >saying goes). I'm the first to admit I'm dangerous.
    >
    >But I do know this: I had to upgrade to a new-style phone, and the software
    >I obtained does not seem to work with my new phone. Maybe I'm not using the
    >driver correctly...

    Try this:

    http://clevercell.com/en/download/

    That phone sucks:

    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=877

    I wouldn't buy a phone unless they transferred the data on the spot.
    They have much better software than is available to consumers.

    I think you meant to say the AMPS network is going away, and Cingular
    will charge a fee to use that.

    G. Morgan, Oct 23, 2006
  7. "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:48:58 -0500, "John R. Baker"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"G. Morgan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Cingular has been GSM since July 1996.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> -Graham
    >>> (remove the double e's to email)

    >>Thank you, Graham. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (or so the
    >>saying goes). I'm the first to admit I'm dangerous.
    >>
    >>But I do know this: I had to upgrade to a new-style phone, and the
    >>software
    >>I obtained does not seem to work with my new phone. Maybe I'm not using
    >>the
    >>driver correctly...

    > Try this:
    >
    > http://clevercell.com/en/download/
    >

    > That phone sucks:
    >
    > http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=877
    >

    > I wouldn't buy a phone unless they transferred the data on the spot.
    > They have much better software than is available to consumers.
    >
    > I think you meant to say the AMPS network is going away, and Cingular
    > will charge a fee to use that.
    >

    > --
    >
    > -Graham
    > (remove the double e's to email)

    Graham,

    I downloaded CleverCell Phone Manager. The help file says that LG phones
    are not supported at this time, but support for LG phones is planned for
    future upgrades.

    BTW, you're right. In some ways, the phone sucks. Oh well. It's only a
    two year contract. <VBG>

    Here's something that I just stumbled across, that might work...
    http://www.cell-phone-accessories.com/lgcg225-cingular-software.html

    It's made specifically for Cingular LG CG225 phones, and includes the data
    cable (just like the one I just bought).

    It's on sale for $26.95. I was hoping for something less expensive
    (preferably free).

    -- John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Oct 24, 2006