    ones I want to see.
    TIA
    Dave
    Dave Francis, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Dave Francis

    Dave Cox Guest

    "Dave Francis" <> wrote in
    news:6HfHb.6958$:

    > Merry Christmas.
    >
    > Help would be appreciated. I had a DVD player for Christmas, and
    > played back some CD's of photos that I'd taken and backed up
    > earlier in the year. But one thing occurred to me, I could
    > potentially have a CD with several hundred photos on it, so does
    > that mean I have to watch the slideshow from the beginning and
    > wade through photos that I don't want to see at that time to get
    > to the ones I do? Or is there a way of chapterising the CD, so I
    > could jump to a part with say, Holiday 2003, or Christmas 2002?
    > I think what I am asking for is a piece of software that will
    > allow me
    > to burn different folders of photos to the CD, so I can jump
    > straight to the ones I want to see.
    > TIA
    > Dave

    There are quite a few DVD Authoring programs out there that can do
    chapters and tons of other things....Try a search on DVD
    software/authoring most programs have a trial period to let you decide
    if it meets your needs......I wont get into specific names as that
    always turns out to be a big argument....just download a few and see
    what works for you........DVD burners are cost effective now days, if
    you don't already have one.

    Another hint if you do find a program you like and if you need to buy
    a dvd burner see what the bundled software is........almost every dvd
    burner has some sort of DVD authoring progam that comes with it. You
    might get the software you like. Burning DVD's have the main advantage
    especially if you want to share your creations with friends and
    family.....as not all DVD players will play CDR's not to mention the
    tremendous amout of data that can be stored.

    Dave
    Dave Cox, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Dave Francis

    Trev Guest

    "Dave Francis" <> wrote in message
    > Merry Christmas.
    >
    > Help would be appreciated. I had a DVD player for Christmas, and

    played back
    > some CD's of photos that I'd taken and backed up earlier in the year.

    But
    > one thing occurred to me, I could potentially have a CD with several

    hundred
    > photos on it, so does that mean I have to watch the slideshow from the
    > beginning and wade through photos that I don't want to see at that

    time to
    > get to the ones I do? Or is there a way of chapterising the CD, so I

    could
    > jump to a part with say, Holiday 2003, or Christmas 2002?
    > I think what I am asking for is a piece of software that will

    allow me
    > to burn different folders of photos to the CD, so I can jump straight

    to the
    > ones I want to see.
    > TIA
    > Dave

    Both Nero and Easy cd have it built in.
    Trev, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Dave Francis

    Dave Cohen Guest

    I think he is talking about regular cd's containing .jpg files. On my
    player, I can create directories on the cd in the normal manner. Player
    display shows the directories and you can select one to play. There may be a
    limit on file name size displayed, so make the directory names unique
    withing number of characters displayed. My player is a GE
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Dave Francis

    Bob Galvin Guest

    I chose my DVD player because I wanted it to do exactly what you are
    asking...i.e. show folders and allow me to look at pictures within the
    folders. This works perfectly on my player which is a Cyberhome. I can't
    speak for the way other players might handle this, but I have to believe it
    would be similar. The Cyberhome will allow you to "jump into" any folder
    you choose and start watching a slideshow from that point with
    transitions/wipes/fades etc. between pictures. Works great! Sometimes
    buying a newer player (even though you might already have one) works out
    being cheaper if you do your shopping carefully than buying the software to
    do the same thing. My player was about $49. And remember, the software
    solution yields a lower quality image on the burn than does a straight
    "drag-and-drop" through Nero or other burning software.

    Bob

    Bob Galvin, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Dave Francis

    James Dunn Guest

    I have a Phillips DVD player that also reads CD's with subdirectories.
    It will show any subdirectory as a automated show - in order or random.
    It also lets me use the remote to select what to show and which
    subdirectories to open etc. Works with Photo CD,s from Wal-mart as well
    as the ones I make.
    James Dunn, Dec 28, 2003