    Milton Keynes, UK
    www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ms1938/
    Malcolm Stewart, Jan 4, 2004

  2. "Malcolm Stewart" <> wrote in
    message news:bt9gdo$6g8$...
    > Are there any well known fixes to allow older and otherwise satisfactory
    > software to recognise the latest 800MB (90Min) CDs? I'm using WinOnCD vs

    3.6,
    > and it's happy with 700MB but not with 800MBs. Is there a registry fix I

    could
    > try? I've tried altering "CD Size" from "360000" to "480000", and that

    simply
    > alters the width of a thermo type window in the "Recorder" screen. The

    CDs are
    > still not recognised, and I'm guessing that they're labelled with a later
    > standard no. than the ISO 9660.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > M Stewart
    > Milton Keynes, UK
    > www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm
    > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ms1938/

    Look on the software maker's Web site for an update patch.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Malcolm Stewart

    nospam Guest

    In article <bt9gdo$6g8$>, Malcolm Stewart
    <> wrote:

    > Are there any well known fixes to allow older and otherwise satisfactory
    > software to recognise the latest 800MB (90Min) CDs? I'm using WinOnCD vs 3.6,
    > and it's happy with 700MB but not with 800MBs. Is there a registry fix I
    > could
    > try? I've tried altering "CD Size" from "360000" to "480000", and that simply
    > alters the width of a thermo type window in the "Recorder" screen. The CDs
    > are
    > still not recognised, and I'm guessing that they're labelled with a later
    > standard no. than the ISO 9660.

    the maximum size cdr is 700mb/80 minutes, according to the spec, and
    infact, these higher capacity cds report themselves as 80 minutes (they
    have to). anything higher than 80 is outside the spec.

    in order to burn higher capacity cds, both the cd burner as well as the
    cd burning sofware have to support overburning. this will deliberately
    go past the official maximum length.

    be aware they are nonstandard and may not read in all players (although
    if your burner can burn them it most likely can read them).
    nospam, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Malcolm Stewart

    Heiko Guest

    Hello Malcolm,
    as you've been told your equipment has to support that.
    If you have a cd-burner with at least 16X for CDR (that's the time the
    first CD's with that spec arriced) try another software which has its
    own ASPI, like Nero, which you can install without having to deinstall
    WinOnCD. Then you can decide what to do.

    hth
    :)
    Heiko

    Heiko, Jan 4, 2004
  5. "Malcolm Stewart" <> wrote in message
    > Are there any well known fixes to allow older and otherwise satisfactory
    > software to recognise the latest 800MB (90Min) CDs?

    Thanks to all for the info.
    My CD writer is an ageing but so far reliable Ricoh MP7060S with a 6x max rate,
    so it's way too old for this new fangled stuff!
    I'll stick to 700MB CDs.

    Malcolm Stewart, Jan 4, 2004