    Any help on this ?

    I've uninstalled... re-booted -- re-installed and still no joy....!

    same error message

    Advid, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Advid

    Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:23:13 +0100, "Advid" <> wrote:

    >..my Rawshooter Essentials software will not run:
    >
    >I get...
    >
    >Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
    >
    >This application has requested the program to terminate in an unusual way.
    >Please contact software supplier....
    >
    >Any help on this ?
    >

    >I've uninstalled... re-booted -- re-installed and still no joy....!
    >
    >same error message

    I you do a Google search for "This application has requested the
    program to terminate in an unusual way." you will get hundreds of
    hits. Some will have a solution. It's not specific to Rawshooter
    Essentials.

    http://www.easynn.com

    , Jun 13, 2006

  3. Advid

    Advid Guest

    what causes this to happen then -- all other software on my PC seems OK....
    no other recent changes to PC - all working OK yesterday..???

    Advid, Jun 13, 2006
  4. Advid

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:23:13 +0100, Advid wrote:

    >..my Rawshooter Essentials software will not run:
    >
    >I get...
    >
    >Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

    There are several MS VC DLL files, some install with windows, some
    updated by patches, some with program installers , some try to overwrite
    the same / newer / same versions / different versions of the same date
    and usually for no good reason.

    Others are just tricky wanting to overwrite those in the system folder
    and when Win reboots it copies the last version back out of the dll
    cache folder.

    Then it gets fun, see the note on DLL Hell,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_hell

    Other reports of same error,
    www.google.com finds
    Results 1 - 25 of about 3,990,000 for microsoft visual c++ runtime
    error. (0.27 seconds) from
    http://www.google.com/search?q= microsoft visual c++ runtime error
    then on the Google page click groups for
    Searched all groups Results 1 - 25 of 33,200 for microsoft visual
    c++ runtime error (0.28 seconds)

    Lots of posts in MS Windows newsgroups.

    Looking in old posts in 24HSHD
    1 fix was to do with the Google Toolbar.
    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...runtime version&rnum=7&hl=en#8c8e93ced7ce1698
    or shorter
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?F34C5114D

    >This application has requested the program to terminate in an unusual way.
    >Please contact software supplier....
    >
    >Any help on this ?

    Contact the Rawshooter support, ask then what version / date of the VC
    RT is required , where to get it and how to make the program default to
    using it.

    >I've uninstalled... re-booted -- re-installed and still no joy....!

    Sounds like the usual answer from a helpdesk idiot, the sort we get at
    work, i.e. reboot for something a reboot won't fix.

    >same error message

    As expected with a DLL version issue.

    Me

    why?, Jun 13, 2006
  5. Advid

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:02:27 +0100, "Advid" <> wrote:

    >what causes this to happen then -- all other software on my PC seems OK....
    >no other recent changes to PC - all working OK yesterday..???

    Did you google as Steve suggested?

    Evan Platt, Jun 13, 2006