    no go, same message. I tried making it compatible with w/95, w/98, nt, w/2k
    still same error.
    Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated, many thanx in advance.
    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Aug 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    Rick Guest

    Is this a problem with Windows XP x64?

    Rick, Aug 9, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    Rick Guest

    The error is telling you that you do not have the correct program file
    to run on a x86 CPU.

    http://www.mpginc.com/

    Rick, Aug 9, 2005
  4. If this is Windows XP x64 Edition, then perfnav.exe is a 16 bit application.
    16-bit applications are not supported under x64 Edition, I'm afraid.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 9, 2005
  5. Charlie, many thanx, this makes sense since nothing else worked. How can I
    tell if the .exe is a 16b application ? thanx again.

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Aug 10, 2005
  6. I don't actually know how you can tell, though I'm sure there must be a way.
    However, your description of the error message is exactly what you'd get from
    a 16bit app. So I think we can be fairly sure that's the issue.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005
  7. Thank you VERY much for the help. Think I can work with it from here.

    I'm hitting the 'Reply' button inside the newsgroup when reading this
    response. Hopefully that's correct, thanx again.

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Aug 10, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you have a 32-bit program in a 16-bit installer, you could use this
    program recommended by DKI

    http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Miscellaneous/Review_16745_index.html

    John Barnes, Aug 10, 2005
  9. OK, glad to help. Sorry I can't magically make that app 32-bit, but at least
    knowing what the issue is should help point at a solution.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005