Software and camera driver

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Spiderd, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Spiderd

    Spiderd Guest

    Hi all
    The other day while walking through a TJ-Max store I made
    and impulse purchase. Bought a Oregon Scientific "thinCam DS6618".
    It was in a open box that had camera and manual and cable but not
    the CD with necessary software. I can and will return it if I can not
    find the necessary software anywhere. I tried Google and Oregon
    Scientific online but without any luck.

    Question is:
    Anybody here know where or how I can acquire the software to
    get my computer to recognize and read the stored pictures on the
    camera.

    When I bought it I thought one of my graphic programs could handle
    it but unfortunately looks like there is no "standard" in
    communicating
    with digital cameras......or is there?

    Thanks for any help and suggestions

    Forgot to mention that the price was only $20 and it grabbed me,
    being a camera buff, sort of.

    Spiderd, Jan 28, 2005

  2. On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:12:44 -0500, Spiderd <> wrote:

    >Hi all
    > The other day while walking through a TJ-Max store I made
    >and impulse purchase. Bought a Oregon Scientific "thinCam DS6618".
    >It was in a open box that had camera and manual and cable but not
    >the CD with necessary software. I can and will return it if I can not
    >find the necessary software anywhere. I tried Google and Oregon
    >Scientific online but without any luck.
    >
    >Question is:
    > Anybody here know where or how I can acquire the software to
    >get my computer to recognize and read the stored pictures on the
    >camera.

    sure. here are the drivers for it:
    http://www2.oregonscientific.com/assets/software/pc/dshot6618_driver.zip

    hth!

    /3iff //ullins, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Spiderd

    Spiderd Guest

    Biff Mullins: Many thanks for your response. It was what I needed
    and now I can use the camera with the downloaded software from
    the site you gave.

    Thanks again

    Spiderd, Jan 28, 2005