    Anyone using Softphone and have you got it working?

    sorry if anyone replied, but server lost all info

    Steve
    METWO, Sep 28, 2006

  2. METWO

    Nick Guest

    "METWO" <> wrote in message
    news:451be88c$0$141$...
    > Hi All
    >
    > Anyone using Softphone and have you got it working?
    >
    > sorry if anyone replied, but server lost all info
    >
    > Steve

    You really need to be a little more specific.
    It's the sort of question I'd expect from an M3, not a G6
    Nick, Sep 28, 2006

  3. METWO

    METWO Guest

    How much more specific do I need to be! It simply does not work, and as the
    question is:

    METWO, Sep 28, 2006
  4. METWO

    Nick Guest

    "METWO" <> wrote in message
    > How much more specific do I need to be! It simply does not work, and as

    the
    > question is:
    >
    > Anyone using Softphone and have you got it working?
    >

    > Steve
    >

    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "METWO" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi All
    > >>
    > >> Anyone using Softphone and have you got it working?
    > >>
    > >> sorry if anyone replied, but server lost all info
    > >>
    > >> Steve
    > >>

    > > You really need to be a little more specific.
    > > It's the sort of question I'd expect from an M3, not a G6

    Any you top post, sign of the multi guess paper pass.

    In answer to you OP, yes, it works fine.
    Nick, Sep 28, 2006
  5. METWO

    METWO Guest

    I wonder where you learned grammer?

    As if I was you I would go back

    METWO, Sep 28, 2006
  6. METWO

    Jono Guest

    METWO wrote :
    > grammer?

    grammer?
    Jono, Sep 28, 2006
  7. METWO

    Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:25:22 +0100, "METWO" <>,
    wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >Anyone using Softphone and have you got it working?
    >
    >sorry if anyone replied, but server lost all info
    >
    >Steve

    SJPhone - softphone with Voiptalk.org working fine.
    Skype - softphone with Skype working fine.
    Freecall - softphone worked fine.

    What softphone are you having problems with?
    ie. who supplied the software? What version?
    Have you contacted the supplier?

    What audio are you attempting to use with the softphone?

    Wik
    , Sep 28, 2006
  8. METWO

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "METWO" <> wrote in message
    > How much more specific do I need to be! It simply does
    > not work, and as the question is:
    >
    > Anyone using Softphone and have you got it working?

    There are many different softphones, which one are you using..? I assume
    one actually called "Softphone" given the capitalisation, but other people
    may not realise this. Even so, you need to give specifics; which version
    of the software, where did you get it from (it can make a difference..!)
    what system are you running it on, what VoIP provider, what ports have you
    opened (or not) etc.

    The list goes on..!

    BTW top posting is not generally used in this group.

    Ivor (also a G6..!)
    Ivor Jones, Sep 29, 2006
  9. METWO

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > METWO wrote :
    > > grammer?

    > grammer?

    Possibly from the Nigel Molesworth Skool of English..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 29, 2006
  10. METWO

    METWO Guest

    Hi Wik

    Sorry I did not think that there might be more than one "softphone"

    The softphone I was refering to was the BT Softphone, and the version is
    1.5.3.9 and the audio is Conexant AMC,
    the one that comes with the PC sound card.

    I also use Skype, and that is fine

    I have tried to contact BT, I was on over a hour getting passed from one
    person to another, with no result.

    If you have BT softphone,(and it works) you will know it says "ready" at the
    top of the screen, and when you try and call a username it just says "Call
    Failed Forbidden"

    Steve

    METWO, Sep 29, 2006
  11. METWO

    Guest

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:03:24 +0100, "METWO" <>,
    wrote:

    >If you have BT softphone,(and it works) you will know it says "ready" at the
    >top of the screen, and when you try and call a username it just says "Call
    >Failed Forbidden"

    I would guess that it is being "blocked" by one of two features.
    Either XP's own Firewall or the NAT built into your router/modem.
    I did briefly install the new Yahoo with BT Communicator which uses
    that same Softphone you mention. I was not impressed and uninstalled
    it without trying to even use it so do not have experience of that
    particular Dialler. They all work much the same and the 2 most
    frequent downfalls are as mentioned above. I installed Trillian for
    messages and SJPhone for VoIP calls via www.voiptalk.org who offer a
    2 quid credit on a free account with a UK geo number and a SIP
    service to try out and a very easy way to top up the credit if you
    like to stay. Even has answer-phone free via a voice file in email.
    , Sep 29, 2006