    Hi

    Is there a softphone ( opensource, freeware, or trial version) with G.
    729 codec ?
    mbm, Apr 2, 2008

  2. mbm

    mbm Guest

    mbm, Apr 2, 2008

  3. mbm

    msg Guest

    mbm wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Is there a softphone ( opensource, freeware, or trial version) with G.
    > 729 codec ?

    "Firefly" permits use of a G.729 codec built from 'evaluation' sources
    available on the 'net. I wrote a wiki entry on 'voip-info.org' some
    time ago describing the procedure to build and use G.729 with 'firefly'.

    Regards,

    Michael
    msg, Apr 2, 2008
  4. mbm

    msg Guest

    mbm wrote:

    > Thank you
    >
    > Firefly http://www.freshtel.net/download/internetphone/ seem to use
    > SIP
    >
    > Is there an IP phone speaking H.323 ?

    I presume that you are replying to this message:

    > mbm wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Is there a softphone ( opensource, freeware, or trial version) with G.
    >> 729 codec ?
    >>

    > "Firefly" permits use of a G.729 codec built from 'evaluation' sources
    > available on the 'net. I wrote a wiki entry on 'voip-info.org' some
    > time ago describing the procedure to build and use G.729 with 'firefly'.

    Sorry, you didn't specify protocol in you O.P.; I only use SIP ;)

    Michael
    msg, Apr 2, 2008
  5. mbm

    mbm Guest

    Finaly I found what I need
    http://www.ussbd.com/smartdialer.html
    Smart Dialer is a state-of-the-art Voice Over IP softphone dialer
    developed with industry standard protocols (H.323 and SIP - Session
    Initiation Protocol) that can handle outbound phone calls from any PC.
    It has industry standard G.723.1, G.729 and G.711 codecs support and
    gives ultimate voice quality on any kind of internet connection.

    But the problem is that it runs only on Windows
    Are there similar product that run on linux?
    mbm, Apr 3, 2008
  6. On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:51:19 -0700, mbm wrote:

    > Finaly I found what I need

    > But the problem is that it runs only on Windows
    > Are there similar product that run on linux?

    You're probably aware, but I thought it worth a reminder: Most ATAs
    (analog telephone adapters) support H.323 protocol, and these days with
    Ebay, they can be had very cheaply. Sometimes in the range of 10 bucks
    USED. That allows you to go to a Goodwill or Salvation army thrift store,
    buy a 99cent discarded old fashioned analog phone, and be up and running
    with your choice of protocols. I have several cordless phones throughout
    my home all running on one of these ATAs, and I get superb telephone call
    quality for ALMOST...:) free. I do pay 99 cents/month to have an IP
    local incomming phone number, and I pay a penny and half/minute for
    outgoing calls.

    You might REQUIRE a soft phone, and in that case, simply disregard this
    message....:)
    Valentin Guillen, Apr 3, 2008