    flagship Bria app doesn't list Vista.

    I'd like to use something that is clearly ready for Vista. Are there any
    softphones out there that meet my requirements?

    Guest, Jan 3, 2008

  2. In message <>,
    writes
    >I've been using X-Lite with BroadVoice under XP. I've now moved to
    >Vista, but see that Counterpath don't say it's supported under Vista -
    >even their flagship Bria app doesn't list Vista.
    >
    >I'd like to use something that is clearly ready for Vista. Are there
    >any softphones out there that meet my requirements?

    You could try this one http://www.zoiper.com/free.php the documentation
    says it supports XP and later.
    I Have tried the Windows version (but not under Vista) and the Linux
    version and they both work fine.
    I wouldn't install Vista on any machine I own.

    --
    Spock

    Spock ‹(•¿•)›, Jan 3, 2008

  3. On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:26:51 -0000, <> wrote:

    >I've been using X-Lite with BroadVoice under XP. I've now moved to Vista,
    >but see that Counterpath don't say it's supported under Vista - even their
    >flagship Bria app doesn't list Vista.
    >
    >I'd like to use something that is clearly ready for Vista. Are there any
    >softphones out there that meet my requirements?

    Also a good one is SJPhone from SJLabs

    http://www.sjlabs.com/

    Support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, MAC OS, Linux and Windows
    Mobile**

    ** Some features are implemented for Windows based computers only

    Greetings

    Ron

    Ein kluger Mann macht nicht alle Fehler selbst.
    Er gibt auch anderen eine Chance. (Winston Churchill)

    Norbert Bartsch, Jan 4, 2008