    Also another question, i have cisco softphone, can i use it without the call
    manager ?

    Thanks in advance

    Ciscokid, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Ciscokid

    Stylz Guest

    Ciscokid wrote:

    > I am looking for free or cheap reliable softphones or usb phones preferably
    > to use with cisco gatekeeper.

    Depends on the protocol. You need a SIP or H323 softfone?

    There are several free/open source SIP fones available for Linux based
    machines. Look at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP Phones for a
    rather complete list.

    > Can you please recommend me any ?

    I am using the free "xlite" fone from xten on my windows partition.
    The only drawback with the free version is that you can only use the
    standard, high bandwidth codecs with it.

    -- Arnd

    Stylz, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Ciscokid

    Jim Salter Guest

    get xten lite, www.xten.com and then subscribe to a service such as
    telappliant voiptalk or freeworlddialup.

    Jim

    Jim Salter, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Ciscokid

    SPD Guest

    My information is a little dated but the last time I looked
    the Cisco VoIP products did not support SIP between network
    elements (Call Manager, Gatekeeper) and the phoneset. Unless
    this has changed you'll need a Skinny or H.323 soft phone.

    -Steve

    SPD, Mar 5, 2004