    channel bank would then connect to a CTI softswitch via a T1 / E1 interface.

    If anyone know of or has heard of such a thing would you please let me know.
    Thanks.

    Chay, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Chay

    FastBusy Guest

    Asterisk.org

    FastBusy, Jan 8, 2004

  3. While Asterisk can do the software, it doesn't solve the hardware
    requirement.
    The usual suggestion on the Asterisk mailing list to connnect lots of lines
    is to purchase a traditional channel bank on ebay and connect it via T1 to a
    PC running Asterisk.

    It would be really nice if there was a low cost (<$500) channel bank with an
    ethernet interface instead of T1.

    --
    Jim

    James H. Thompson

    James H. Thompson, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Chay

    shido Guest

    You can always go with zhone if you really cant afford the higher priced
    models. Do so only if you want to support them yourself. It is hard to find
    anyone who wants to support these channel banks. Sure they work but when you
    need to reset a single interface you can't you must reset the entire box
    which kind of bytes. Either way you're going to spend the same amount of
    time = money on a cheaper model. I would suggest an Adtran but not from
    fleabay unless you want to find extended warranties and insurance on used
    hardware. Since our costs are so low on our gear we keep a lot of it in
    stock.

    Zhone Zplex.... if you dont care that u have to bring the box down to reset.

    You can get em for under $500 used and NEW!

    --
    Greg Merriweather
    The NuFone Network

    519-251-8225 x 3000
    IM:

    shido, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Chay

    aaaa Guest

    do you interested in IP Channel Bank? which is compatible with Cisco and
    Quintum,
    please let me know if you want any info for this.

    Email:

    aaaa, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Chay

    aaaa Guest

    oh yeah~ this IP channel bank can detect Battery Reversal, if the line did't
    provide
    line reversal, it can detect the answer by ringing tone, it will send a
    Answer
    Supervision to calling gateway the ring is stopped.

    example:

    1. Digits send to PSTN,
    2. Ringing
    3. Someone answer the call(the ring is stopped)
    4. Send Answer Supervision to calling gateway

    aaaa, Jan 10, 2004
  7. Chay

    aaaa Guest

    and FAX is good ~ =]

    aaaa, Jan 10, 2004
  8. Chay

    Chay Guest

    How exactly would this work out? Tell me more.

    Chay, Jan 17, 2004