    2. Baseball

    3. American Football

    I vote for Football.

    USA Power!, Feb 22, 2004

  2. USA Power!

    Bill Guest

    I vote for CRICKET.

    Soccer and baseball played by a bunch of pussies.

    Soccer get a little kick on the shin they fall over and do an oscar
    performance like little pussies.

    Baseball get hit by the ball and start a big fight, and wear those big fruit
    baskets to catch a ball.

    Cricket on the other hand fielders dive all over the field and stop/ catch
    the ball with bare hands.

    Batters get hit all over the body and face up to the next ball as if nothing
    has happened.

    Bill, Feb 22, 2004

  3. USA Power!

    Guest

    Which of the following is destructive?
    Pride or Humility?

    Americas pride shall be broken.

    Cody Houston,

    , Feb 22, 2004
  4. USA Power!

    Diabolik Guest

    > 1. Soccer

    For athletic and intelligent people.

    > 2. Baseball

    For fat people.

    > 3. American Football

    For people with tiny brains on steroids.

    Diabolik, Feb 22, 2004
  5. USA Power!

    Frank ess Guest

    Diabolik wrote:
    >> 1. Soccer

    > For athletic and intelligent people.
    >
    >> 2. Baseball

    > For fat people.
    >
    >> 3. American Football

    > For people with tiny brains on steroids.

    You mean like the ones who cross-post replies to inane trolls? I get it.

    Rule: Delete it.

    Adios, My Friend.

    Frank ess, Feb 22, 2004
  6. USA Power!

    MoParMaN Guest

    "USA Power!" <> wrote in message
    > Which of the following sports is the most masculine:
    >
    > 1. Soccer
    >
    > 2. Baseball
    >
    > 3. American Football
    >
    > I vote for Football.

    American Football, those players actually have a reason to wear a
    jock strap.

    --
    MoParMan----Remove Clothes to Reply...

    Scud Coordinates:
    Latitude: 32.61208 Degrees North
    Longitude: 96.92995 Degrees West
    Depth: 17.35 Inches

    MoParMaN, Feb 22, 2004
  7. USA Power!

    Alan Browne Guest

    HOCKEY:
    -Speed -faster than any of the other sports mentioned
    -Accuracy -passing, shooting
    -Toughness -ice, boards and that defencemen are HARD
    only American football is tougher

    Alan Browne, Feb 22, 2004
  8. USA Power!

    Ron Andrews Guest

    In an attempt to pull this thread back on topic for the rec.photo
    groups, I will offer the following ratings:

    Soccer is the toughest sport to photograph. There is no predictable
    spot where action will occur. You need a super zoom lens with a very quick
    autofocus system. Getting a shot of the kick that scores a goal requires
    considerable good fortune. After many years of shooting youth soccer, I have
    yet to capture a goal that wasn't a penalty kick.
    Football is a little easier. You know where the ball starts on each
    play and there are only a half dozen options (from a photographers
    standpoint) on each play. I usually pick an option for each play and get
    ready for it.
    Baseball is the easiest to photograph. On every pitch you can get a
    shot of either the pitcher or the batter. My favorite shots are a close play
    at a base. I focus on a base and wait for the action.
    Basketball is the most fun if you can get access to courtside. There is
    a reason why the pros sit on the floor beyond the end line. That is the best
    place to get good shots. It is still a challenge to learn each players moves
    and where they will make them. If you have a chance to follow a team for a
    season, you can get some great shots.
    Track and field offers many opportunities. If you can get a spot near
    the finish line, you can always catch a runner straining to hit the tape. My
    favorite events are the hurdles. A pan shot from the side of the track with
    the athlete clearing the hurdle can be dramatic if you shoot with a slow
    enough shutter speed to blur the background (1/30 to 1/60 sec.)
    Swimming is somewhat boring. The only good shots are at the start.
    Nordic skiing is fairly easy if you don't mind cold weather. Just find
    a spot on the course with a good background and wait for the skiers to come
    by. Pan with the skiers and try different shutter speeds.
    Auto racing is not too hard if you can get decent access. The best
    seats to watch the race are on the outside of the track as high as possible.
    The best spots to photograph are at trackside on the inside of the track.
    For this sport, consider a 200mm lens to be "normal". This is perfect to get
    a "portrait" of a single car. If you want a shot of a particular car, wait
    for a yellow caution flag. It is much easier to frame the shot and people
    viewing the shot can't tell.

    These ratings are my humble opinions based on over 30 years of
    experience as an amateur photographer.
    --
    Ron Andrews
    http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html

    Ron Andrews, Feb 22, 2004
  9. USA Power!

    George Kerby Guest

    On 2/22/04 11:46 AM, in article _U5_b.7618$,
    "Alan Browne" <> wrote:

    > HOCKEY:
    > -Speed -faster than any of the other sports mentioned
    > -Accuracy -passing, shooting
    > -Toughness -ice, boards and that defencemen are HARD
    > only American football is tougher

    Yep. I don't know of a single pro that has all of his teeth after a few
    years in The League.

    George Kerby, Feb 22, 2004
  10. USA Power!

    Carl Banks Guest

    Diabolik,
    exactly what drugs were you under the influence of when you wrote:
    >> 3. American Football

    > For people with tiny brains on steroids.

    That is the most masculine.

    --
    CARL BANKS http://www.aerojockey.com

    "If you believe in yourself, drink your school, stay on drugs, and
    don't do milk, you can get work."
    -- Parody of Mr. T from a Robert Smigel Cartoon

    Carl Banks, Feb 22, 2004
  11. "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > Diabolik wrote:
    > >> 1. Soccer

    > > For athletic and intelligent people.

    Soccer isn't even a sport. Soccer isn't competitive and only uses a small
    portion of the human body.

    --
    Jefferson N. Glapski
    http://www.soccersucks.org (NSFW)

    Jefferson N. Glapski, Feb 22, 2004
  12. USA Power!

    Richie Guest

    "USA Power!" <> wrote in message news:<-nm.com>...
    > Which of the following sports is the most masculine:
    >
    > 1. Soccer
    >
    > 2. Baseball
    >
    > 3. American Football
    >
    > I vote for Football.

    I think all the guys who play these sports all have cocks so in these
    cases they all are masculine. Hope that helps you

    Richie, Feb 22, 2004
  13. USA Power!

    Richie Guest

    I vote that we all **** Bills mother but we already have.

    Richie, Feb 22, 2004
  14. USA Power!

    per Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in
    > On 2/22/04 11:46 AM, in article

    _U5_b.7618$,
    > "Alan Browne" <> wrote:
    >

    > > HOCKEY:
    > > -Speed -faster than any of the other sports mentioned
    > > -Accuracy -passing, shooting
    > > -Toughness -ice, boards and that defencemen are HARD
    > > only American football is tougher

    Bandy is much faster than hockey!
    Handball is tougher than all those mentioned sports!

    per, Feb 22, 2004
  15. USA Power!

    Ken Overton Guest

    George Kerby wrote:

    > Yep. I don't know of a single pro that has all of his teeth after a few
    > years in The League.

    Most of the goalies do (at least since they started using masks).

    -- kov

    Ken Overton, Feb 22, 2004
  16. USA Power!

    Paul C Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:00:29 GMT, "Jefferson N. Glapski"
    <> wrote:

    >"Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > For athletic and intelligent people.

    >Soccer isn't even a sport. Soccer isn't competitive and only uses a small
    >portion of the human body.

    Let's see - head, hands, arms, upper body, legs, feet. I think the
    only part missing is the one of which you normally speak.

    --
    Paul

    Paul C, Feb 22, 2004
  17. "Paul C" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:00:29 GMT, "Jefferson N. Glapski"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Frank ess" <> wrote in message

    > >Soccer isn't even a sport. Soccer isn't competitive and only uses a small
    > >portion of the human body.

    > Let's see - head, hands, arms, upper body, legs, feet. I think the
    > only part missing is the one of which you normally speak.

    Upper body? Soccer? Hands? Head (the thinking part of it)? Not used in
    soccer at all.

    Jefferson N. Glapski, Feb 22, 2004
  18. USA Power!

    Paul C Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:39:00 GMT, "Jefferson N. Glapski"
    <> wrote:

    >"Paul C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:00:29 GMT, "Jefferson N. Glapski"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"Frank ess" <> wrote in message

    >> >Soccer isn't even a sport. Soccer isn't competitive and only uses a small
    >> >portion of the human body.

    >> Let's see - head, hands, arms, upper body, legs, feet. I think the
    >> only part missing is the one of which you normally speak.

    >Upper body? Soccer? Hands? Head (the thinking part of it)? Not used in
    >soccer at all.

    Jefferson, I don't think you've ever watched any 'soccer' have you.

    --
    Paul

    Paul C, Feb 22, 2004
  19. "Paul C" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:39:00 GMT, "Jefferson N. Glapski"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Paul C" <> wrote in message

    small

    > >> Let's see - head, hands, arms, upper body, legs, feet. I think the
    > >> only part missing is the one of which you normally speak.

    > >Upper body? Soccer? Hands? Head (the thinking part of it)? Not used in
    > >soccer at all.

    > Jefferson, I don't think you've ever watched any 'soccer' have you.

    Thanks for the concession speech.

    Jefferson N. Glapski, Feb 23, 2004
  20. "Jefferson N. Glapski" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > "Paul C" <> wrote in message

    > > Let's see - head, hands, arms, upper body, legs, feet. I think the
    > > only part missing is the one of which you normally speak.

    > Upper body? Soccer? Hands? Head (the thinking part of it)? Not used in
    > soccer at all.

    Obviously not a player.

    Richard Henry, Feb 23, 2004