    Windows ME.

    Any help is appreciated; thanks in advance.

    Christine

    Christine Geary, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Christine Geary

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:44:26 GMT, Christine Geary wrote:

    >I would like to know if the latest virus SoBig can affect people running
    >Windows ME.

    Yes, it can.

    http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/sobigf.html#4

    --
    "Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable
    from malice." -- Vernon Schryver

    Mara, Aug 24, 2003

  3. Christine Geary

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Christine Geary continued:

    > I would like to know if the latest virus SoBig can affect people
    > running Windows ME.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated; thanks in advance.
    >
    > Christine

    Yes.
    Amazing thing, Google.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Howdy!

    "Christine Geary" <> wrote in message
    > I would like to know if the latest virus SoBig can affect people running
    > Windows ME.

    Yes. YES. Oh, HELL YES.

    It's a Windows virus, and doesn't care which flavor of 32bit windows
    you run.

    One gotcha - with System Restore, ME will happily store it and
    restore it to running after your AV cleans it.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 25, 2003
  5. Christine Geary

    insidetheout Guest

    it affects nt based windows

    insidetheout, Aug 25, 2003
  6. Christine Geary

    Z Guest

    In alt.windows-me insidetheout <> wrote:
    : it affects nt based windows

    SoBig affects:
    Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows XP

    You may be thinking of msblast, which affected only NT systems.

    Z, Aug 31, 2003