    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    [Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface.]

    ~misfit~, Sep 29, 2013

  2. ~misfit~

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in
    news:l27uac$fim$:

    > Just threw a perfectly fine (and surprisingly responsive) Compaq SFF
    > Deskpro EN (1.13GHz PIII-S [Tualatin! The server edition], 512MB
    > SD/133 RAM and an 80GB HDD) in the computer recycling bin by the side
    > of the road at Paerata.
    >
    > I hatesss it.

    2 ethernet cards and it would make a decent IPCop with Update Accelerator.
    That said, there is power consumption to consider.

    Dave Taylor, Sep 29, 2013

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Taylor wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Just threw a perfectly fine (and surprisingly responsive) Compaq SFF
    >> Deskpro EN (1.13GHz PIII-S [Tualatin! The server edition], 512MB
    >> SD/133 RAM and an 80GB HDD) in the computer recycling bin by the side
    >> of the road at Paerata.
    >>
    >> I hatesss it.

    > 2 ethernet cards and it would make a decent IPCop with Update
    > Accelerator. That said, there is power consumption to consider.

    Indeed. It actually had excellent on-board (enterprise-class) ethernet so
    only one card would have been needed. It was rather frugal with it's power
    requirements (good design, ducted airflow, not heaps of fans) but of course
    compared with modern gear - not so much.
    --
    /Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 30, 2013