    Thanks for your advice and insight.
    --
    Alan

    *alan*, Jun 16, 2007

  2. *alan*

    *alan* Guest

    "*alan*" <> wrote in message
    news:7tZci.4245$...
    >I just downloaded the so-called "update" for DivX, and the only difference
    >between my previous version and the new one is that in Window Media Player
    >and in RealPlayer, it plays the .avi videos upside down. (VLC Media Player
    >still plays them right side up).
    >
    > I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, with the same result.
    >
    > Where can I download a version of the older DivX so I can see videos right
    > side up again?
    >
    > (Windows XP Pro, SP2)
    >
    > Thanks for your advice and insight.

    Well, to answer my own question (and for the benefit of anyone else who may
    have encountered the same problem), I uninstalled the DivX 6.6, found old
    versions at:
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=divx

    Just picked version 6.0 at random (couldn't remember what version I had
    before the "update") ---- and it works perfectly now. All right side up .
    .. . .

    --
    Alan