    prominently advertised on Youtube.

    Why? I keep hearing Firefox is the last word in browsers. What's
    special about Google Chrome?

    brassplyer, Jan 2, 2009

  2. brassplyer

    Big_Al Guest

    brassplyer said this on 1/2/2009 12:51 PM:
    > So Google is promoting the heck out of this browser. I see it being
    > prominently advertised on Youtube.
    >
    > Why? I keep hearing Firefox is the last word in browsers. What's
    > special about Google Chrome?

    If a BMW is so good, why make a Ford or Chevy or Volkswagen or any other
    car?

    Big_Al, Jan 2, 2009

  3. brassplyer

    brassplyer Guest

    On Jan 2, 1:07 pm, Big_Al <> wrote:

    > If a BMW is so good, why make a Ford or Chevy or Volkswagen or any other
    > car?

    With cars there are issues of affordability that are moot with free
    browsers.

    Mega-Corporation Google has obviously invested resources in developing
    and promoting this browser when there are already many free browsers.
    Makes me wonder why.

    One thing that sticks out from what I've read so far to distinguish it
    is that it does worse than several other browsers regarding certain
    security issues.

    Is there anything it does better than also free Firefox?

    brassplyer, Jan 2, 2009
  4. brassplyer

    Peter Guest

    brassplyer wrote:
    > On Jan 2, 1:07 pm, Big_Al <> wrote:
    >
    >> If a BMW is so good, why make a Ford or Chevy or Volkswagen or any other
    >> car?

    > With cars there are issues of affordability that are moot with free
    > browsers.
    >
    > Mega-Corporation Google has obviously invested resources in developing
    > and promoting this browser when there are already many free browsers.
    > Makes me wonder why.
    >
    > One thing that sticks out from what I've read so far to distinguish it
    > is that it does worse than several other browsers regarding certain
    > security issues.
    >
    > Is there anything it does better than also free Firefox?

    I think that Chrome is just one of the things Google is preparing for
    cloud computing.

    Peter

    Peter, Jan 2, 2009
  5. brassplyer

    Peeassha Guest

    "Big_Al" <> wrote in message
    > brassplyer said this on 1/2/2009 12:51 PM:
    >> So Google is promoting the heck out of this browser. I see it being
    >> prominently advertised on Youtube.
    >>
    >> Why? I keep hearing Firefox is the last word in browsers. What's
    >> special about Google Chrome?

    > If a BMW is so good, why make a Ford or Chevy or Volkswagen or any other
    > car?

    Google Chrome is there to appease the plebiscites. There will always be a
    group of daft morons and Google Chrome was written specifically for these
    peons.

    Peeassha, Jan 2, 2009
  6. brassplyer

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:17:19 -0500, Peeassha wrote:

    > Google Chrome is there to appease the plebiscites

    And for googling the difference between plebiscite and plebeian.

    --
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU

    Aardvark, Jan 2, 2009
  7. brassplyer

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    SgtMinor typed on Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:37:43 -0500:
    > brassplyer wrote:
    >> So Google is promoting the heck out of this browser. I see it being
    >> prominently advertised on Youtube.
    >>
    >> Why? I keep hearing Firefox is the last word in browsers. What's
    >> special about Google Chrome?

    > "Microsoft's Ballmer: 'I'm going to…kill Google'
    >
    > As Google and Microsoft again head to court on Tuesday in the case of
    > former Microsoft executive Kai-Fu Lee's defection to Google, documents
    > filed in the case allege that Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer vowed, "I'm
    > going to f—ing kill Google," according to an AAP story in the Sydney
    > Morning Herald (via Slashdot). A declaration by former Microsoft
    > engineer, Mark Lucovsky, who told Ballmer in November that he was
    > leaving to go to work for Google, alleges that the Microsoft CEO
    > picked up his chair and threw it across his office, then berated
    > Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
    >
    > "I'm going to f—ing bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will
    > do it again. I'm going to f—ing kill Google," Ballmer is quoted as
    > having said."
    >
    > Does that help frame the issue?

    Actually no! People have told me they are going to kill me too. But they
    never did yet. I guess you don't know the difference between a figure of
    speech and literal, do you?

    --
    Bill
    2 Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2

    BillW50, Jan 2, 2009
  8. More browsers means competition and you get better browsers. It's a
    win-win situation for the consumers.

    « Agent 007 ½, Jan 2, 2009
  9. brassplyer

    Sinner Guest

    "« Agent 007 ½" <> wrote in message
    > More browsers means competition and you get better browsers. It's a
    > win-win situation for the consumers.

    No, you just get morons inappropriately cross-posting their inane questions.

    Sinner, Jan 2, 2009
  10. brassplyer

    Big_Al Guest

    brassplyer said this on 1/2/2009 1:25 PM:
    > On Jan 2, 1:07 pm, Big_Al <> wrote:
    >
    >> If a BMW is so good, why make a Ford or Chevy or Volkswagen or any other
    >> car?

    > With cars there are issues of affordability that are moot with free
    > browsers.
    >
    > Mega-Corporation Google has obviously invested resources in developing
    > and promoting this browser when there are already many free browsers.
    > Makes me wonder why.
    >
    > One thing that sticks out from what I've read so far to distinguish it
    > is that it does worse than several other browsers regarding certain
    > security issues.
    >
    > Is there anything it does better than also free Firefox?

    My point is: disregard the cost, since IE/FF/Chrome are all the same
    price, people drift to one or the other for feature. Just one of the
    many reasons people drift to one car over another, feature, feel, look.
    Few people look behind the works, to the security, durability.
    Most people look at what's up front.

    Big_Al, Jan 2, 2009
  11. On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:17:19 -0500, "Peeassha" <>
    wrote:

    > Google Chrome is there to appease the plebiscites. There will always be a
    > group of daft morons and Google Chrome was written specifically for these
    > peons.

    "Plebescites"? You might want to look up the meaning of that word.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Jan 2, 2009
  12. brassplyer

    Unknown Guest

    To make money of course.

    Unknown, Jan 2, 2009
  13. brassplyer

    Unknown Guest

    Not everybody is as smart as you.

    Unknown, Jan 2, 2009
  14. brassplyer

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Sinner <> wrote in message

    > "« Agent 007 ½" <> wrote in message
    >> More browsers means competition and you get better browsers. It's a
    >> win-win situation for the consumers.

    > No, you just get morons inappropriately cross-posting their inane
    > questions.

    Indeed, there is no doubt that x-poasting is annoying.

    What is more annoying are fuckwits just like you highlighting how annoying
    x-poasting is which in turn promotes more x-poasting.

    It really does beg the question then, who the fucking moron is, eh?

    Oh, and what the **** does your point, other than the one which resides on
    top of your head, to do with the kkkrome browser exactly, moron?

    Keyser Söze, Jan 2, 2009
  15. brassplyer

    Peeassha Guest

    "Ken Blake, MVP" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:17:19 -0500, "Peeassha" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Google Chrome is there to appease the plebiscites. There will always be a
    >> group of daft morons and Google Chrome was written specifically for these
    >> peons.

    > "Plebescites"? You might want to look up the meaning of that word.
    >

    > --
    > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Don't try to use *big* words on me chrome dome.

    Peeassha, Jan 2, 2009
  16. Don Lancaster, Jan 3, 2009
  17. brassplyer

    ZnU Guest

    Except the Safari development builds: http://nightly.webkit.org/

    --
    "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all
    things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in

    ZnU, Jan 3, 2009
  18. brassplyer

    thanatoid Guest

    Don Lancaster <> wrote in

    > The Javascript in Chrome is blisteringly faster than in any
    > other browser.

    I wonder why...

    <SNIP>

    thanatoid, Jan 4, 2009
  19. brassplyer

    thanatoid Guest

    "Keyser Söze" <> wrote in
    dimus:

    > Sinner <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "« Agent 007 ½" <> wrote in message
    >> egroups.com...
    >>> More browsers means competition and you get better
    >>> browsers. It's a win-win situation for the consumers.

    >> No, you just get morons inappropriately cross-posting
    >> their inane questions.

    > Indeed, there is no doubt that x-poasting is annoying.
    >
    > What is more annoying are fuckwits just like you
    > highlighting how annoying x-poasting is which in turn
    > promotes more x-poasting.
    >
    > It really does beg the question then, who the fucking moron
    > is, eh?
    >
    > Oh, and what the **** does your point, other than the one
    > which resides on top of your head, to do with the kkkrome
    > browser exactly, moron?

    Do you guys prefer blueberry or strawberry jam on your poast?
    SIGH.

    thanatoid, Jan 4, 2009
  20. thanatoid palpitated:

    > "Keyser Söze" <> wrote in
    > dimus:
    >
    >> Sinner <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> "« Agent 007 ½" <> wrote in message
    >>> egroups.com...
    >>>
    >>> No, you just get morons inappropriately cross-posting
    >>> their inane questions.

    >> Indeed, there is no doubt that x-poasting is annoying.
    >>
    >> What is more annoying are fuckwits just like you
    >> highlighting how annoying x-poasting is which in turn
    >> promotes more x-poasting.
    >>
    >> It really does beg the question then, who the fucking moron
    >> is, eh?
    >>
    >> Oh, and what the **** does your point, other than the one
    >> which resides on top of your head, to do with the kkkrome
    >> browser exactly, moron?

    > Do you guys prefer blueberry or strawberry jam on your poast?

    Somthing which leaves a taste in the target's mouth is always preferable for
    effect.

    What would you like to swollow today?

    > SIGH.

    Out of puff?

    O-Furylcarbonyl-Thiocyanate-PropoxyO-Dichlorobenzo, Jan 4, 2009