    wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
    directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
    Now $1179

    RichA, Jul 27, 2010

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:33:50 +0100, Alan Dunlop-Walters
    <> wrote:
    >On 27/07/2010 22:02, RichA wrote:
    >> Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
    >> Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
    >> effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
    >> different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a
    >> fully manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An
    >> "Exmor R" CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while
    >> Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way
    >> Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from
    >> wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
    >> directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
    >> Now $1179

    >Go on Bich, tell us why. Can't wait to hear why.
    >Your fine opinions are so worthy and anticipated.

    Rich will merely blame the British police, as usual. ;-)

    Bruce, Jul 28, 2010

  3. RichA

    ray Guest

    Re: So why do we keep having to buy memory for digital stillcameras????

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:02:58 -0700, RichA wrote:

    > Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
    >
    > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
    > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
    > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a fully
    > manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An "Exmor R"
    > CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while Optical
    > SteadyShotâ„¢ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way Shake
    > Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from wide angle
    > to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images directly to
    > 64GB of embedded Flash memory. Now $1179

    Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.

    ray, Jul 28, 2010
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 28, 3:33 pm, Alan Dunlop-Walters <> wrote:
    > On 27/07/2010 22:02, RichA wrote:
    >

    > >    Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder

    > > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
    > > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
    > > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a
    > > fully manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An
    > > "Exmor R" CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while
    > > Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way
    > > Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from
    > > wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
    > > directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
    > > Now $1179

    > Go on Bich, tell us why.  Can't wait to hear why.
    > Your fine opinions are so worthy and anticipated.

    Not until you pass the Grey Poupon.

    RichA, Jul 28, 2010
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 28, 3:47 pm, ray <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:02:58 -0700, RichA wrote:
    > > Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder

    > > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
    > > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
    > > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a fully
    > > manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An "Exmor R"
    > > CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while Optical
    > > SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way Shake
    > > Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from wide angle
    > > to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images directly to
    > > 64GB of embedded Flash memory. Now $1179

    > Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.

    Now that's a bit much. You can buy old stock D300's for that now.

    RichA, Jul 28, 2010
  6. Alan Dunlop-Walters wrote:
    > On 28/07/2010 20:36, Bruce wrote:d.
    >>

    >> Rich will merely blame the British police, as usual. ;-)
    >>

    > Or my double barrel. He is so lacking in imagination.

    Whatever.

    How about you chaps just ignoring his posts??

    Novel, what?

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Jul 29, 2010
  7. RichA

    me Guest

    Re: So why do we keep having to buy memory for digital still cameras????

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:29:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >> Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.

    >Now that's a bit much. You can buy old stock D300's for that now.

    And the specs for the D300 compare how to the still shots specs of the
    camera you're posting about Rich? Are you really this dense and
    stupid?

    me, Jul 29, 2010
  8. Alan Dunlop-Walters wrote:
    > On 29/07/2010 02:19, John McWilliams wrote:
    >> Alan Dunlop-Walters wrote:
    >>> On 28/07/2010 20:36, Bruce wrote:d.

    >>> Or my double barrel. He is so lacking in imagination.

    >> Whatever.
    >>
    >> How about you chaps just ignoring his posts??

    > Now where would be the fun in that?

    Quite.

    As long as you don't complain about the trolls or pests here AND feed
    them, no problemo.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    Note:

    This space intentionally left blank, except for these words.

    John McWilliams, Jul 29, 2010
  9. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Jul 28, 3:47 pm, ray <> wrote:
    : > On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:02:58 -0700, RichA wrote:
    : > > Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
    : >
    : > > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
    : > > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
    : > > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a fully
    : > > manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An "Exmor R"
    : > > CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while Optical
    : > > SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way Shake
    : > > Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from wide angle
    : > > to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images directly to
    : > > 64GB of embedded Flash memory. Now $1179
    : >
    : > Part of the reason is that a decent digital camera does not cost $1179.
    :
    : Now that's a bit much. You can buy old stock D300's for that now.

    Which was exactly Ray's point, right? You have to learn to flag such ideas
    down before they sail over your head.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 31, 2010
  10. RichA

    David Ross Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Sony HDRCX550 AVCHD 64GB Handycam Camcorder
    >
    > Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to help first time users to
    > effortlessly capture breathtaking 1920 x 1080 videos in up to 90
    > different scenes, this 64GB HD Handycam® Camcorder also features a
    > fully manual features set for those with a bit more experience. An
    > "Exmor R" CMOS sensor provides superior low-light performance, while
    > Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way
    > Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from
    > wide angle to full telephoto shooting. Also captures 12MP still images
    > directly to 64GB of embedded Flash memory.
    > Now $1179

    Well I wonder why they dont have a USB provision so that you can
    download your pics to one of those $100 500gig portable hard drives

    Without going via a computer I mean

    David - who thinks that would be handy

    David Ross, Oct 6, 2010