    I disagree with in the postings from the MCNGP, but you have my respect
    most of the time.Why are you guys putting up with the poser?

    ---
    Zenner, Aug 17, 2004

  2. >-----Original Message-----
    >I can't believe you guys have let the pretender usurp

    your online ID without
    >repercussions? Is there perhaps a chink in the armor?

    There are some things
    >I disagree with in the postings from the MCNGP, but you

    have my respect
    >most of the time.Why are you guys putting up with the

    poser?

    ShhhH!!! You are going to ruin the big surprise.

    Due to the imposter using the web interface, Microsoft
    needed to address the issue. They obtained the IP address
    of the user and used that to determine the ISP being
    used. The ISP has been contacted and they are creating
    an "abuse log" of sorts... basically, documenting the
    number of violations the user has enacted against the
    agreement policy. Basically, this goes into a database
    that ISP's use in determining whether or not they accept
    users onto their network. They will soon find out that
    they no longer have internet access, and most major ISP's
    not willing to allow them on their network.

    In closing... It is being taken care of.
    Keyboard Cowboy, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Zenner

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in
    message news:097a01c4848a$07b6cbb0$...
    <snipola>

    > In closing... It is being taken care of.

    Last I heard (yesterday), MS had contacted his ISP (but wouldn't tell me
    which one) to give them a formal complaint, and put it in their hands. I
    really wish they'd told me what ISP it is (was?) so that I could lodge
    formal complaints as well, but I suppose MS has more pull than I do in this
    matter.

    Anyway, it is being taken care of, yes.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Zenner

    JaR Guest

    Keyboard Cowboy wrote:

> [...]

    But for Ghod's sake don't tell anyone!

    JaR
    Sekrit Thug
    JaR, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Zenner

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in

    > Last I heard (yesterday), MS had contacted his ISP (but wouldn't tell
    > me which one) to give them a formal complaint, and put it in their
    > hands. I really wish they'd told me what ISP it is (was?) so that I
    > could lodge formal complaints as well, but I suppose MS has more pull
    > than I do in this matter.
    >
    > Anyway, it is being taken care of, yes.

    someone from microsoft legal team called me about this earlier today. what
    do you guys want me to tell them?

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Aug 17, 2004
  6. Zenner

    Guest Guest

    so, so lame

    Guest, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Zenner

    Guest Guest

    haha, i will never be cought

    Guest, Aug 17, 2004
  8. Zenner

    Doom Guest

    "Zenner" <> wrote in message
    >I can't believe you guys have let the pretender usurp your online ID
    >without
    > repercussions? Is there perhaps a chink in the armor? There are some
    > things
    > I disagree with in the postings from the MCNGP, but you have my respect
    > most of the time.Why are you guys putting up with the poser?

    I still think the imposter is William Shatner.
    Doom, Aug 17, 2004
  9. Zenner

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in
    >

    > > Last I heard (yesterday), MS had contacted his ISP (but wouldn't tell
    > > me which one) to give them a formal complaint, and put it in their
    > > hands. I really wish they'd told me what ISP it is (was?) so that I
    > > could lodge formal complaints as well, but I suppose MS has more pull
    > > than I do in this matter.
    > >
    > > Anyway, it is being taken care of, yes.

    > someone from microsoft legal team called me about this earlier today. what
    > do you guys want me to tell them?

    Good, I'm glad they've gotten ahold of you. I had a message from Jack at the
    MS legal team (is he the one that got to you?) on my voicemail, but haven't
    been able to call them back - partly because I don't know what to tell them
    either. But I guess just let them know that they should watch their message
    boards more closely and to keep an eye out for "Web-posting Consultant", and
    have them continue to put pressure on his ISP. I guess you could also try to
    get them to divulge the name of his ISP so we can make contact with them.
    They'll probably give you some right to privacy nonsense, but insist that
    Consultant's privacy has been breached as well, as he is a victim of
    identity theft (although, luckily, Troll-sultant hasn't stolen any money
    from him).

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 17, 2004
  10. Zenner

    Doom Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > Last I heard (yesterday), MS had contacted his ISP (but wouldn't tell
    >> > me which one) to give them a formal complaint, and put it in their
    >> > hands. I really wish they'd told me what ISP it is (was?) so that I
    >> > could lodge formal complaints as well, but I suppose MS has more pull
    >> > than I do in this matter.
    >> >
    >> > Anyway, it is being taken care of, yes.

    >> someone from microsoft legal team called me about this earlier today.
    >> what
    >> do you guys want me to tell them?

    > Good, I'm glad they've gotten ahold of you. I had a message from Jack at
    > the
    > MS legal team (is he the one that got to you?) on my voicemail, but
    > haven't
    > been able to call them back - partly because I don't know what to tell
    > them
    > either. But I guess just let them know that they should watch their
    > message
    > boards more closely and to keep an eye out for "Web-posting Consultant",
    > and
    > have them continue to put pressure on his ISP. I guess you could also try
    > get them to divulge the name of his ISP so we can make contact with them.
    > They'll probably give you some right to privacy nonsense, but insist that
    > Consultant's privacy has been breached as well, as he is a victim of
    > identity theft (although, luckily, Troll-sultant hasn't stolen any money
    > from him).
    >

    > --
    >
    > KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Hey guys, I really think this thread should continue on the super sekrit
    site. You don't want to give too much info to the imposter.
    Doom, Aug 17, 2004
  11. Zenner

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in message

    > Hey guys, I really think this thread should continue on the super sekrit
    > site. You don't want to give too much info to the imposter.

    Good point. Guess I'll stop now, and let MS and his ISP deal with it.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 17, 2004
  12. Zenner

    JaR Guest

    Doom wrote:

    > "Zenner" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I can't believe you guys have let the pretender usurp your online ID
    >>without
    >>repercussions? Is there perhaps a chink in the armor? There are some
    >>things
    >>I disagree with in the postings from the MCNGP, but you have my respect
    >>most of the time.Why are you guys putting up with the poser?
    >>

    > I still think the imposter is William Shatner.

    Can't be. Shatner isn't even that good of an actor.

    Besides....If....it was.............Shatner........his......
    .......posts............would..........look like....
    .......this!

    JaR
    Thespian Thug
    JaR, Aug 17, 2004
  13. Zenner

    Doom Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Doom wrote:
    >
    >> "Zenner" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I can't believe you guys have let the pretender usurp your online ID
    >>>without
    >>>repercussions? Is there perhaps a chink in the armor? There are some
    >>>things
    >>>I disagree with in the postings from the MCNGP, but you have my respect
    >>>most of the time.Why are you guys putting up with the poser?
    >>>

    >> I still think the imposter is William Shatner.

    > Can't be. Shatner isn't even that good of an actor.
    >
    > Besides....If....it was.............Shatner........his......
    > ......posts............would..........look like....
    > ......this!
    >
    > JaR
    > Thespian Thug

    The scary thing is his acting is great compared to his singing.
    Doom, Aug 17, 2004
  14. Zenner

    JaR Guest

    Doom wrote:

    > The scary thing is his acting is great compared to his singing.

    Oh, $Deity! I'd forgotten about that. Yes, compared to his singing, he
    was a regular Barrymore. LOL!

    JaR
    JaR, Aug 17, 2004
  15. Zenner

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in

    > Good, I'm glad they've gotten ahold of you. I had a message from Jack
    > at the MS legal team (is he the one that got to you?) on my voicemail,
    > but haven't been able to call them back - partly because I don't know
    > what to tell them either. But I guess just let them know that they
    > should watch their message boards more closely and to keep an eye out
    > for "Web-posting Consultant", and have them continue to put pressure
    > on his ISP. I guess you could also try to get them to divulge the name
    > of his ISP so we can make contact with them. They'll probably give you
    > some right to privacy nonsense, but insist that Consultant's privacy
    > has been breached as well, as he is a victim of identity theft
    > (although, luckily, Troll-sultant hasn't stolen any money from him).

    that makes sense. identity theft is pretty big these days. they must have
    gotten together with some of the major financial institutions and are
    cracking down on possible leads. i guess the thinking is, if the imposter
    is doing it here, he must be doing it elsewhere too. i don't really want to
    get involved. i will stay out of it. let constulant and the legal guys work
    it out.

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 17, 2004
  16. Zenner

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in news:ePoFyEJhEHA.3320
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > Hey guys, I really think this thread should continue on the super sekrit
    > site. You don't want to give too much info to the imposter.

    agreed. lets move this into the members only site. we could be interfering
    with the legal process somehow.

    rowdy

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 17, 2004
  17. Zenner

    Mike T. Guest

    "Doom" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > The scary thing is his acting is great compared to his singing.

    Hey....Mr. Tambourine...Man.....play...a song....for...me...
    Mike T., Aug 17, 2004
  18. Zenner

    C-Z-J Guest

    Right... because in the BIG scheme of things going on in
    the world today, a bunch of geeks calling themselves
    the "MCNGP" are really *that* important?? Ok...

    In the spirit of the Greek Olympics, have you lot ever
    heard the story of a guy called Narcissus? Perhaps he was
    the first MCNGP member??

    C-Z-J, Aug 18, 2004
  19. Zenner

    Guest Guest

    HA HA HAHA HAHAHA!!!

    Twat.

    Guest, Aug 18, 2004
  20. Zenner

    Consultant Guest

    HELP ! I don't have internet access anymore ! MY GOD !

    SCREW U A$$HOLES !

    (Fake) Consultant.

    (http://www.grisoft.com).

    8/11/2004