    The breakdown by segments, page 119, shows that “Creative Solutionsâ€
    (presumably including Photoshop and the Macromedia stuff) revenue is down
    15%, All the other segments are down as well.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 20, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    Re: So Who¢s Buying Photoshop?

    On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:05:36 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Just been looking over Adobe’s 10-K filing for fiscal year 2009
    > <https://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/financialdocs.html>,
    > looking to see how well they’d recovered after major layoffs last year.
    >
    > Looks like they haven’t.
    >
    > Consolidated financials, pages 52 and 77, show that revenues in FY2009
    > are down to 2.9 billion from 3.6 billion the year before—below even the
    > 3.2 billion of FY2007. They have a note saying that there was “impactâ€
    > from the Macromedia acquisition from FY2006 onwards, but it’s not clear
    > why that should be continuing for so many years. And the Omniture
    > acquisition last year may have had some impact, but it can’t be that
    > large, considering how relatively tiny Ominiture’s revenues are (see
    > page 119).
    >
    > The breakdown by segments, page 119, shows that “Creative Solutionsâ€
    > (presumably including Photoshop and the Macromedia stuff) revenue is
    > down 15%, All the other segments are down as well.

    I'd buy Photoshop if it was available for my computer - which it isn't.

    Sweetpea, Feb 20, 2010

  3. In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:

    > I'd buy Photoshop if it was available for my computer - which it isn't.

    I did buy it—twice. Admittedly, that was before I discovered Gimp.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 20, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    Re: So Who¢s Buying Photoshop?

    On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:10:26 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, Sweetpea wrote:
    >
    >> I'd buy Photoshop if it was available for my computer - which it isn't.

    > I did buy it—twice.

    Why twice? And for what platform?

    > Admittedly, that was before I discovered Gimp.

    The GIMP does not have CMYK colour space, and neither does it have Pantone support. Both are
    essential for producing for print rather than for screen.

    Sweetpea, Feb 21, 2010