So the UK government believes in this Pack of Lies..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2010

  2. Frank Williams

    Adam Guest

    Adam, Apr 9, 2010

  3. Frank Williams

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 21:45:46 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:

    > Why are these people so gullible..?

    They're MS Windows users. By definition they are stupid.

    Sweetpea, Apr 10, 2010
  4. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:29:01 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 21:45:46 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why are these people so gullible..?

    >> They're MS Windows users. By definition they are stupid.

    > And you know that..?
    >
    > Or are you just being a Stupid Lunix idiot again..?
    >

    > How immature you are..

    No, he's just being Lennier...

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Apr 10, 2010
  5. Frank Williams

    hellicopter Guest

    http://www.neowin.net/news/uk-passe...l-gives-gov-power-to-block-file-sharing-sites

    > Why are these people so gullible..?

    Labour have two problems re-election and the economy. A lot of
    very rich people like to live in Britian because the people
    have made the place so damned nice. History, conspicuous
    consumption, so Labour would like those rich owners of
    copyrights to have more and consequently pay more in tax.
    Now a part from the obvious, that many cannot afford the downloads
    if they had to pay for them, and the fact that the price would
    drop as more were sold and so the tax return would not be nearly
    as great. The real problem is it puts National to shame,
    first off we don't have a huge rich copyright owners community,
    we don't have the great lifestyle the conspicuous consumption,
    we failing to even compete with Sydney on that front. But
    worse, the tax increase will come not from the poor, as National
    are plugging for, but from existing wealth by supporting their
    wealth. That would be like National stopping playing with the
    idea of matching tax rates and started say helping competitive
    business secure consumers by addressing the chronically poor
    consumer rights problem. Where each business has ratcheted
    the market to ask the top going price for the crappiest crap
    they can get away with selling. If you were a rich copyrights
    holder you wouldn't do you shopping here, you wouldn't
    use the shops here, you'd buy through the mail and fly to
    Melbourne to consume.

    So why are *you* so gullible? Blocking filesharing merely
    will alter the shape of the music industry, musicians will
    control the work they give to downloads, and sell gigs
    and merchantdice. At present the industry isn't producing
    songs about the crash, or how it impacts on us all, how
    we need to change everything, precisely because of crap
    out because of crap pay. Whether $1 an hour to a part
    time beneficiary (like any business whats that worker!)
    or a super rich musician, you pay the rate or you get
    second rate. National however do not agree, they like
    second rate, they like soft on business, they like
    the trend down to the bottom, because invariable the
    people who do turn up here are the second raters who
    failed to get traction in the world. Last thing a business
    needs, or could afford, here is a fully qualified
    professional. But that's what happens when we let the Banks
    be owned by foreigners, like letting your military be
    made up of foreigners! Its just dumb.

    Kiwis are dumb. Any comparison with any other western
    English speaking Democracy (except the US) shows the
    woeful state of affairs here.

    hellicopter, Apr 10, 2010
  6. Frank Williams

    Br. Scooter Guest

    On , , Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:53:34 +1200, Re: So the UK government believes in
    this Pack of Lies.., wrote:

    >On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:29:01 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 21:45:46 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why are these people so gullible..?

    >>They're MS Windows users. By definition they are stupid.

    >And you know that..?
    >
    >Or are you just being a Stupid Lunix idiot again..?
    >

    >How immature you are..

    These platform wars have been going on since the early days of computer use.
    They are the equivalent of "my dads bigger than your dad", "I can pee further up
    the toilet wall than you can" and is as infantile.
    It started out as Atari vs Amiga v IBM and whatever.

    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.

    Br. Scooter, Apr 10, 2010
  7. Frank Williams

    Brian Dooley Guest

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:44:32 +1200, Br. Scooter
    <> wrote:

    >On , , Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:53:34 +1200, Re: So the UK government believes in
    >this Pack of Lies.., wrote:

    >>>They're MS Windows users. By definition they are stupid.

    >>And you know that..?
    >>
    >>Or are you just being a Stupid Lunix idiot again..?
    >>

    >>How immature you are..

    >These platform wars have been going on since the early days of computer use.
    >They are the equivalent of "my dads bigger than your dad", "I can pee further up
    >the toilet wall than you can" and is as infantile.
    >It started out as Atari vs Amiga v IBM and whatever.

    To be followed by the Great Word Processor Debate.
    --

    Brian Dooley

    Wellington New Zealand

    Brian Dooley, Apr 11, 2010
  8. Frank Williams

    Br. Scooter Guest

    On , , Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:12:37 +1200, Re: So the UK government believes in
    this Pack of Lies.., Brian Dooley <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:44:32 +1200, Br. Scooter
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On , , Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:53:34 +1200, Re: So the UK government believes in
    >>this Pack of Lies.., wrote:

    >>>And you know that..?
    >>>
    >>>Or are you just being a Stupid Lunix idiot again..?
    >>>

    >>>How immature you are..

    >>These platform wars have been going on since the early days of computer use.
    >>They are the equivalent of "my dads bigger than your dad", "I can pee further up
    >>the toilet wall than you can" and is as infantile.
    >>It started out as Atari vs Amiga v IBM and whatever.

    >To be followed by the Great Word Processor Debate.

    Word Perfect vs Word, Lotus notes... I could go on but I'd go to sleep.

    Br. Scooter, Apr 11, 2010