    surprised to see it show up. I got around to installing it today, and
    despite it being OEM, it's still able to upgrade directly over the trial
    version. Glad to see that orders are actually getting filled.

    James Park, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Thank you for that report of both arrival and the behaviour when upgrading
    the trial media. It's good to get that confirmed, and you're the first person
    here who has actually gottent their media, so far as I know.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 19, 2005

  3. I recently learned there is some exception to the TAP media when it comes to
    upgrading trials, its similar to MSDN or Volume License versions of XP Pro
    x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 19, 2005
  4. James Park

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks for the report. I am hoping that the vendor purchased OEM will also
    update (or whatever Microsoft wants to call it) the trial. When we get that
    verified, I will have a definitive answer to my question.

    John Barnes, Jul 19, 2005
  5. It might not. It is not unusual for upgrades with an OEM cd to be very
    program specific. Such a case were HP and a couple of other vendors who
    shipped machines with WinME preinstalled just before XP released. The
    vendors provided a coupon for upgrade to XP and when redeemed they sent a
    special OEM cd that had an updater that only worked with the preinstalled
    ME.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 19, 2005
  6. James Park

    John Barnes Guest

    I agree, but my concern is those who buy an uninstalled OEM version from
    someone like NewEgg etc. Vendor installed or unique versions are always
    iffy.

    John Barnes, Jul 19, 2005
  7. HP has crappy appoach to distributing the Windows OEM Media. It comes on 4
    disk!!!

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 19, 2005
  8. On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:50:11 +0100, Charlie Russel - MVP
    <> wrote:

    > Thank you for that report of both arrival and the behaviour when
    > upgrading
    > the trial media. It's good to get that confirmed, and you're the first
    > person
    > here who has actually gottent their media, so far as I know.

    Anyone know if the orders are being processed in order, or if they are
    skipping the international orders? I ordered mine quite early on, and
    mine is still sat at "Order Received" state :-(

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 19, 2005
  9. James Park

    NNBXX Guest

    Same here. I'm living in France, and my order number is X00004xx, placed
    April 25th. No change in status yet, and cc still not charged.

    NNBXX, Jul 19, 2005
  10. So in summary, we pay twice the price because Microsoft cannot be bothered
    with European distribution, and get half the service...

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 19, 2005
  11. my order is x00019xx and my copy was shipped from california and is currently
    at a ups facility in nevada, usa.

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jul 19, 2005
  12. James Park

    Stroppy Guest

    > Same here. I'm living in France, and my order number is X00004xx, placed
    > April 25th. No change in status yet, and cc still not charged.

    Hi,
    I guess I'll have to wait a "little" more as my order number is X1193XXX
    received June 6th ! lol
    Cu

    Stroppy, Jul 19, 2005
  13. Mine just came this morning via DHL.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 19, 2005
  14. Oh, and I'm Canadian.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 19, 2005
  15. James Park

    NNBXX Guest

    Yeah, and Canada isn't Europe :-S

    NNBXX, Jul 19, 2005
  16. James Park

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    Ditto. Living in Holland, order number x00012xx, ordered around April
    27th. No email, no change in status, cc not charged.

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, Jul 19, 2005
  17. James Park

    Mike Guest

    my order # is also x00019xx. according to the UPS web site mine left
    California on the 16th of july. It hasn't been seen since :(

    Mike, Jul 19, 2005
  18. James Park

    tawpgk Guest

    Mine never showed up in the system - because the email ZOMAX sent had the
    wrong tracking number! they must be typing these thing by hand because the #
    in the email has 0ea instead of OEA. Moreover my name was not on the address
    nor my apartment number. It's sitting in Las Vegas somewhere melting away as
    a I am (115 deg @ 15:02). UPS said they will deliver tomorrow.

    Had I not thought to try the different tracking #, it would have been lost
    in limbo, because UPS didn't even have the shipper information!

    --
    Tom

    tawpgk, Jul 19, 2005
  19. James Park

    tawpgk Guest

    So they are sending out more than a million copies of the TAP upgrade? With
    that many installs you would think vendors would be knowing and delivering
    device drivers more urgently.

    --
    Tom

    tawpgk, Jul 19, 2005
  20. On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:08:18 +0100, tawpgk <> wrote:

    > So they are sending out more than a million copies of the TAP upgrade?
    > With that many installs you would think vendors would be knowing and
    > delivering device drivers more urgently.

    All the greedy manufacturers are rubbing their hands together,
    dollar/euro/pound signs in eyes, thinking off all the new kit they can
    sell us, if they don't make drivers for their existing stuff.

    At least that's what they think. The hash reality is, these are the
    companies that will be going the way of the dinasour, as they simply don't
    give a **** about their customer base, they just care about revenue....

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 19, 2005