    again so soon.

    Has anyone any advice for this situation?

    thanks
    Brian, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Brian quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > When I returned from the night out, I found 13 (that I could count,
    > probaby more under the pile) baby mice in the cage.
    >
    > I have no idea what to do. Googling produced various opinions on
    > seperating the male mouse from the female and babies, so they are
    > together for the night.
    >
    > I have no idea what I am going to do with so many mice. I think I should
    > seperate the male tomorrow just to prevent the female from getting preg.
    > again so soon.
    >
    > Has anyone any advice for this situation?
    >
    > thanks

    Go to your local pet shop, purchase a python or boa constrictor. They *love*
    mice and rats, the fresher, the better.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language, but nobody will speak it
    The Old Sourdough, Nov 14, 2005

  3. Brian

    simion Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > When I returned from the night out, I found 13 (that I could count,
    > probaby more under the pile) baby mice in the cage.
    >
    > I have no idea what to do. Googling produced various opinions on
    > seperating the male mouse from the female and babies, so they are together
    > for the night.
    >
    > I have no idea what I am going to do with so many mice. I think I should
    > seperate the male tomorrow just to prevent the female from getting preg.
    > again so soon.
    >
    > Has anyone any advice for this situation?
    >
    > thanks

    My local Environmental Services recommend SOREX, works on mice but not rats.
    simion, Nov 14, 2005
  4. Brian

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:57:47 +0000, Brian wrote:

    > When I returned from the night out, I found 13 (that I could count, probaby
    > more under the pile) baby mice in the cage.
    >
    > I have no idea what to do. Googling produced various opinions on seperating
    > the male mouse from the female and babies, so they are together for the
    > night.
    >
    > I have no idea what I am going to do with so many mice. I think I should
    > seperate the male tomorrow just to prevent the female from getting preg.
    > again so soon.
    >
    > Has anyone any advice for this situation?
    >
    > thanks

    Baby mice make great pies. I have a recipe for mom's Mouseapple pie if
    you would like it.
    Meat Plow, Nov 14, 2005
  5. Brian

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:06:12 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Brian quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > Go to your local pet shop, purchase a python or boa constrictor. They *love*
    > mice and rats, the fresher, the better.

    Or donate them to an organization that rehabilitates injured birds like
    owls, falcons, hawks, etc....
    Meat Plow, Nov 14, 2005
  6. Brian

    bigjon Guest

    Brian decided to add:

    > When I returned from the night out, I found 13 (that I could count, probaby
    > more under the pile) baby mice in the cage.
    >
    > I have no idea what to do. Googling produced various opinions on seperating
    > the male mouse from the female and babies, so they are together for the
    > night.
    >
    > I have no idea what I am going to do with so many mice. I think I should
    > seperate the male tomorrow just to prevent the female from getting preg.
    > again so soon.
    >
    > Has anyone any advice for this situation?
    >
    > thanks

    Grasp by the tail, lightly dip in beaten egg, then flour......
    bigjon, Nov 14, 2005
  7. bigjon quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Brian decided to add:
    >
    >> When I returned from the night out, I found 13 (that I could count,
    >> probaby more under the pile) baby mice in the cage.
    >>
    >> I have no idea what to do. Googling produced various opinions on
    >> seperating the male mouse from the female and babies, so they are
    >> together for the night.
    >>
    >> I have no idea what I am going to do with so many mice. I think I
    >> should seperate the male tomorrow just to prevent the female from
    >> getting preg. again so soon.
    >>
    >> Has anyone any advice for this situation?
    >>
    >> thanks

    > Grasp by the tail, lightly dip in beaten egg, then flour......

    Shouldn't they be skinned and gutted first?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.-
    The Old Sourdough, Nov 14, 2005
  8. Brian

    Buffalo Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > bigjon quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > Brian decided to add:
    > >
    > >> When I returned from the night out, I found 13 (that I could count,
    > >> probaby more under the pile) baby mice in the cage.
    > >>
    > >> I have no idea what to do. Googling produced various opinions on
    > >> seperating the male mouse from the female and babies, so they are
    > >> together for the night.
    > >>
    > >> I have no idea what I am going to do with so many mice. I think I
    > >> should seperate the male tomorrow just to prevent the female from
    > >> getting preg. again so soon.
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone any advice for this situation?
    > >>
    > >> thanks

    > > Grasp by the tail, lightly dip in beaten egg, then flour......

    > Shouldn't they be skinned and gutted first?

    No, just like sardines aren't cleaned. That's where the flavor is. :(
    Buffalo, Nov 14, 2005
  9. Brian

    Dave Lear Guest

    http://photos1.blogger.com/img/164/1454/640/meat mallet.jpg
    Dave Lear, Nov 14, 2005
  10. Buffalo wrote:

    > "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    >> bigjon quacked like a deranged mallard in
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >> > Brian decided to add:

    >> > Grasp by the tail, lightly dip in beaten egg, then
    >> > flour......

    >> Shouldn't they be skinned and gutted first?

    > No, just like sardines aren't cleaned. That's where the flavor
    > is. :(

    Ew. Sardines don't have fur. At least not the healthy sardines.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 14, 2005
  11. Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:06:12 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >
    >> Brian quacked like a deranged mallard in
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> [quoted text muted]

    >> Go to your local pet shop, purchase a python or boa
    >> constrictor. They *love* mice and rats, the fresher, the
    >> better.

    > Or donate them to an organization that rehabilitates injured
    > birds like owls, falcons, hawks, etc....

    Probably hard to find in most areas. But an interesting idea; I'd
    never have thought about that.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 14, 2005
  12. I always find stamping on them is the the best option.
    When they are babies one stamp is usually enough.
    IF YOU FORGET AND THEY GROW UP THEN TWO OR THREE STAMPS ARE NORMALLY
    REQUIRED.
    Its best that once you have bred them, to act quickly.

    ®nevillenevilleson®, Nov 14, 2005
  13. Brian

    Brian Guest

    After taking everyones advice in to consideration, I decided to seperate the
    parents, and let the babies grow, then seperate males/females when the time
    comes and try to find good homes. Snakes are illegal here.

    Thanks for all your help...

    Brian, Nov 14, 2005
  14. Whatever Brian, they are your baby mice after all.
    But just remember, the longer you let them grow, the more stamping required.
    When I breed mice I always stamp on them immediately.
    Its more humane.

    ®nevillenevilleson®, Nov 14, 2005
  15. Blinky the Shark quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Buffalo wrote:
    >

    >> "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    >>> bigjon quacked like a deranged mallard in
    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Shouldn't they be skinned and gutted first?

    >> No, just like sardines aren't cleaned. That's where the flavor
    >> is. :(

    > Ew. Sardines don't have fur. At least not the healthy sardines.

    Old ones do. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 14, 2005
  16. The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark quacked like a deranged mallard in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Buffalo wrote:
    >>

    >>> "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message

    >>> No, just like sardines aren't cleaned. That's where the flavor
    >>> is.
    >>> :(

    >> Ew. Sardines don't have fur. At least not the healthy
    >> sardines.

    > Old ones do. :)

    Is this anything like bearded clams? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 14, 2005
  17. Blinky the Shark quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:06:12 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >>
    >>> Brian quacked like a deranged mallard in
    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Go to your local pet shop, purchase a python or boa
    >>> constrictor. They *love* mice and rats, the fresher, the
    >>> better.

    >> Or donate them to an organization that rehabilitates injured
    >> birds like owls, falcons, hawks, etc....

    > Probably hard to find in most areas. But an interesting idea; I'd
    > never have thought about that.

    Our State Department of Natural Resources (Indiana) runs a raptor
    rehabilitation facility at the state recreation area just down the road from
    me. Took a tour of the place a few years ago. Some interesting work going on.
    Birds that can't be rehabilitated and released to the wild are used all over
    the state in educational programs for schools, etc.

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 14, 2005
  18. Brian quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > After taking everyones advice in to consideration, I decided to seperate
    > the parents, and let the babies grow, then seperate males/females when
    > the time comes and try to find good homes. Snakes are illegal here.

    Ahh, that's right. I'd forgotten you're in Hawaii. I was stationed at Ft.
    Shafter in the '60s. I'd guess things have changed considerably in HI since
    then. :)

    snip

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 14, 2005
  19. The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Our State Department of Natural Resources (Indiana) runs a
    > raptor rehabilitation facility at the state recreation area just
    > down the road from me.

    Yeah, but if they get into trouble again, it's the slammer for them
    -- for good. <clang!> Zero tolerance! :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 14, 2005
  20. Blinky the Shark quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >
    >> Our State Department of Natural Resources (Indiana) runs a
    >> raptor rehabilitation facility at the state recreation area just
    >> down the road from me.

    > Yeah, but if they get into trouble again, it's the slammer for them
    > -- for good. <clang!> Zero tolerance! :)

    Yup. Unfortunately for them, "getting into trouble" means getting hit by a
    motor vehicle, or shot by some redneck that just has to try out his new
    "shootin' arn" on something living, protected or not. And instead of
    "slammer" it's more than likely gonna be the morgue. :-(

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 14, 2005