    turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    uncheck box.

    Don Stauffer, Oct 6, 2009

  2. Don Stauffer

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:39 -0500, Don Stauffer wrote:

    > I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    > turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    > posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    > uncheck box.

    Ta ta - don't let the door hit your backside on the way out!

    ray, Oct 6, 2009

  3. "ray" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:39 -0500, Don Stauffer wrote:

    >> I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    >> turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    >> posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    >> uncheck box.

    > Ta ta - don't let the door hit your backside on the way out!

    I wonder why Don Stauffer's post never appeared on my
    newsreader... I would have suggested simply blocking threads
    with offending titles, or just not opening them - although DS
    would then have missed some very interesting discussions
    (mixed in with a lot o' crap, though...;-).
    --DR

    David Ruether, Oct 6, 2009
  4. Don Stauffer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Don Stauffer <> wrote:
    >I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    >turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    >posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    >uncheck box.

    Few things more pathetic that some baby whining that he's taking his
    toys and leaving. Not that anybody will miss him since it doesn't
    appear that he contributed anything anyway.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 6, 2009
  5. Don Stauffer

    Charles Guest

    "Don Stauffer" <> wrote in message
    >I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    >turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    >posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE, uncheck
    >box.

    Don, I am sorry to hear that. May the wind be at your back.

    Charles, Oct 6, 2009
  6. Don Stauffer

    me Guest

    On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:33:49 -0700, "Frank ess" <>
    wrote:

    >Looks as if Ray and ray haven't been paying attention. Don Stauffer
    >has been a thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable, and generous
    >contributor to this and several other groups.
    >
    >Just because he isn't driven to make inane or deprecatory comments on
    >every wrinkle in the newsgroup continuum doesn't mean he's not a
    >valued asset.
    >
    >Back in the day newsgroups were noted for useful discussions,
    >considered ideas, and careful fact-sharing. Since then the "look at
    >me!" mentality has taken over, and like a four-year-old, constant
    >noise and hand-waving has become the norm. Any kind of attention is
    >better than no attention. Now _that_ is pathetic.

    I'll second all the above. Don has been around from long before the
    r.p.d. split and his Brookyln camera dealer pages over the years
    should by themselves be enough for all the naysayers to be put to
    shame for their comments.

    me, Oct 6, 2009
  7. Don Stauffer

    Paul Furman Guest

    me wrote:
    > Frank ess wrote:
    >
    >> Don Stauffer
    >> has been a thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable, and generous
    >> contributor to this and several other groups.
    >>
    >> Just because he isn't driven to make inane or deprecatory comments on
    >> every wrinkle in the newsgroup continuum doesn't mean he's not a
    >> valued asset.
    >>
    >> Back in the day newsgroups were noted for useful discussions,
    >> considered ideas, and careful fact-sharing. Since then the "look at
    >> me!" mentality has taken over, and like a four-year-old, constant
    >> noise and hand-waving has become the norm. Any kind of attention is
    >> better than no attention. Now _that_ is pathetic.

    > I'll second all the above. Don has been around from long before the
    > r.p.d. split and his Brookyln camera dealer pages over the years
    > should by themselves be enough for all the naysayers to be put to
    > shame for their comments.

    I recognize the name, with positive connotations going back through the
    years... um, maybe 5+ years I've been a regular in these groups.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Oct 6, 2009
  8. Don Stauffer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote:

    >On 10/6/09 1:37 PM, in article 4acb8e53$0$1625$, "Ray
    >Fischer" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Don Stauffer <> wrote:
    >>> I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    >>> turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    >>> posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    >>> uncheck box.

    >> Few things more pathetic that some baby whining that he's taking his
    >> toys and leaving. Not that anybody will miss him since it doesn't
    >> appear that he contributed anything anyway.

    >And you think YOU do?!?
    >
    >Give me a fuckin' break, you obnoxious asshole!

    Let us look at example of kerby's contributions.

    "arf-arf -- arf (pant) arf-arf (pant) (pant) arf"
    kryby in <C6CD2583.33D14%>

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 7, 2009
  9. Mike Russell wrote:
    > On 07 Oct 2009 03:20:50 GMT, Ray Fischer wrote:
    >
    >> George Kerby <> wrote:

    >>> And you think YOU do?!?
    >>>
    >>> Give me a fuckin' break, you obnoxious asshole!

    >> Let us look at example of kerby's contributions.
    >>
    >> "arf-arf -- arf (pant) arf-arf (pant) (pant) arf"
    >> kryby in <C6CD2583.33D14%>

    > Do you guys understand the point of this thread? It is that people, like
    > yourself, are making things so unpleasant that some of the good people are
    > actually leaving.

    I think some of them can grasp that, at least at times. But they don't
    care, at least at times. So we get the drivel, the dribble and the dross.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Oct 7, 2009
  10. Don Stauffer

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:35:33 -0700, Mike Russell wrote:

    > On 07 Oct 2009 03:20:50 GMT, Ray Fischer wrote:
    >
    >> George Kerby <> wrote:

    >>>And you think YOU do?!?
    >>>
    >>>Give me a fuckin' break, you obnoxious asshole!

    >> Let us look at example of kerby's contributions.
    >>
    >> "arf-arf -- arf (pant) arf-arf (pant) (pant) arf"
    >> kryby in <C6CD2583.33D14%>

    > Do you guys understand the point of this thread? It is that people,
    > like yourself, are making things so unpleasant that some of the good
    > people are actually leaving.

    Well, no offense, but that's what they make filters and killfiles for.

    ray, Oct 7, 2009
  11. Don Stauffer

    GregS Guest

    In article <4acb5f45$0$1328$>, Don Stauffer <> wrote:
    >I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    >turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    >posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    >uncheck box.

    BYE

    GregS, Oct 7, 2009
  12. On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:39 -0500, Don Stauffer wrote:

    > I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    > turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    > posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    > uncheck box.

    I, too, am sorry to see you go. I would have preferred to see you just
    block header titles in your reader or not open threads that you were
    not interested in, though...
    --DR

    David Ruether, Oct 7, 2009
  13. Don Stauffer

    ray Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 06:37:18 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:

    > * ray wrote :
    >> On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:35:33 -0700, Mike Russell wrote:
    >>
    >> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 26 lines snipped |=---]
    >>>
    >>> Do you guys understand the point of this thread? It is that people,
    >>> like yourself, are making things so unpleasant that some of the good
    >>> people are actually leaving.

    >> Well, no offense, but that's what they make filters and killfiles for.

    > Well, no offense, but that's what they have politics-specific newsgroups
    > for as opposed to posting off-topic in photography-specific newsgroups.

    I understand that. A lot of folks figure it's cool to post whatever they
    damned well please as long as they put 'OT' in the subject line. I don't
    necessarily concur. Having quite a row with some folks in diabetes groups
    doing the same thing. Asking for computer advice and meantime chastising
    another poster who complained because he got a diabetes question answered
    faster in a paintball group - talk about a double standard.

    ray, Oct 7, 2009
  14. Don Stauffer

    -hh Guest

    Mike Russell <> wrote:
    > Don Stauffer wrote:
    > > I have been a member of this group for a number of years.  But...

    > Sorry to see you go, Don.  You've been a good contributor.  Let us know
    > where you're going to participate - dgrin.com perhaps - and maybe some of
    > us will follow suit.
    >
    > Or maybe that's the last thing you want to have happen, LOL.

    Same here, Don. And whatever you do, please don't kill your
    invaluable pages on those Brooklyn scammers.

    Cheers,

    -hh

    -hh, Oct 8, 2009
  15. Don Stauffer

    Robert Coe Guest

    wrote:
    : I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    : turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    : posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    : uncheck box.

    Don obviously has the right to read, or not read, whatever he pleases. But
    that statement is absurd.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 12, 2009
  16. Allen wrote:
    > Robert Coe wrote:
    >> On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:39 -0500, Don Stauffer <>
    >> wrote:
    >> : I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it
    >> has : turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only
    >> occasional : posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE-
    >> SUBSCRIBE, : uncheck box.
    >>
    >> Don obviously has the right to read, or not read, whatever he pleases.
    >> But
    >> that statement is absurd.

    > Why is it absurd?

    My take is that this is far less a "political discussion group" than
    many on usenet, and if one learns to kf some folk and some threads, it
    becomes even less so.

    Not replying to, and/or sending cross posts into the ether via followups
    helps cut down the garbage.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Oct 12, 2009
  17. Don Stauffer

    Robert Coe Guest

    : > wrote:
    : > : I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    : > : turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    : > : posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    : > : uncheck box.
    : >
    : > Don obviously has the right to read, or not read, whatever he pleases. But
    : > that statement is absurd.
    : >
    : > Bob
    : Why is it absurd?

    Because it is so conspicuously untrue.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 12, 2009
  18. Don Stauffer

    Robert Coe Guest

    : > : > wrote:
    : > : > : I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But it has
    : > : > : turned into primarily a political discussion group, with only occasional
    : > : > : posts about digital photography. So long folks- FILE- SUBSCRIBE,
    : > : > : uncheck box.
    : > : >
    : > : > Don obviously has the right to read, or not read, whatever he pleases. But
    : > : > that statement is absurd.
    : > : >
    : > : > Bob
    : > : Why is it absurd?
    : >
    : > Because it is so conspicuously untrue.
    : >
    : > Bob
    : You haven't noticed? Amazing.

    What I guess I hadn't noticed is your willingness to accept preposterous
    exaggeration as truth. Please excuse that observational failure.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 12, 2009
  19. Don Stauffer

    John Turco Guest

    -hh wrote:

    > Mike Russell <> wrote:
    > > Don Stauffer wrote:
    > > > I have been a member of this group for a number of years. But...

    > > Sorry to see you go, Don. You've been a good contributor. Let us know
    > > where you're going to participate - dgrin.com perhaps - and maybe some of
    > > us will follow suit.
    > >
    > > Or maybe that's the last thing you want to have happen, LOL.

    > Same here, Don. And whatever you do, please don't kill your
    > invaluable pages on those Brooklyn scammers.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > -hh

    Uh, no -- you're thinking of a different "Don" (Wiss).

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    Paintings Pain and Pun <http://laughatthepain.blogspot.com>

    John Turco, Oct 31, 2009
  20. Don Stauffer

    John Turco Guest

    George Kerby wrote:

    > On 10/12/09 1:41 PM, in article
    > , "Allen"
    > <> wrote:

    <edited for brevity>

    > > You haven't noticed? Amazing.
    > > Allen

    > You are incapable of noticing anything. THAT is amazing!

    "So long, folks!" Hey, >I< noticed something: Wasn't Porky Pig
    famous for that line?

    John Turco, Oct 31, 2009