So I screwed up again

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony, May 24, 2007.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I can't follow instructions at 3AM, no matter how clear.;

    How can I locate the Administrator pass on my pc win XP SP2

    It appears now this is the only way to log on. I deleted my name in
    error after I accesed the following:

    Start | Run <type in>
    control userpasswords2
    <enter>

    Subject: Re: PC startup
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    afe <> wrote:

    >I just did do a complete restore to my system, and now on startup I
    >get a screen with my name, and the computer does nothing until I click
    >on this screen. I must have punched in a wrong paramater somewhere
    >along the way during the restoration. I don't use a password during
    >startup
    >How can I change it back so when I start up, I automatically go to the
    >desktop.

    Start | Run <type in>
    control userpasswords2
    <enter>

    Highlight your account, unselect the top option, you will be asked for
    your password, and it should be gone on the next reboot.
    Tony, May 24, 2007

  2. Tony

    Guest

    Tony <> wrote:

    >I can't follow instructions at 3AM, no matter how clear.;
    >
    >How can I locate the Administrator pass on my pc win XP SP2
    >
    >It appears now this is the only way to log on. I deleted my name in
    >error after I accesed the following:
    >
    >Start | Run <type in>
    >control userpasswords2
    ><enter>

    Do you get a log on screen? then put in Administrator and password is
    usually blank <enter>

    >++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    >Subject: Re: PC startup
    >Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    > afe <> wrote:
    >
    >>I just did do a complete restore to my system, and now on startup I
    >>get a screen with my name, and the computer does nothing until I click
    >>on this screen. I must have punched in a wrong paramater somewhere
    >>along the way during the restoration. I don't use a password during
    >>startup
    >>How can I change it back so when I start up, I automatically go to the
    >>desktop.

    >Start | Run <type in>
    >control userpasswords2
    ><enter>
    >
    >Highlight your account, unselect the top option, you will be asked for
    >your password, and it should be gone on the next reboot.

    --
    And the people came forth and said "spread the code:
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0"
    And it was good.
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/05/24/1341222.shtml
    , May 25, 2007

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Hi,
    Windows logon screen has no names.
    <ctl-alt-del> brings administrator logon
    <enter> blank gets message
    "unable tolog you on because of an account restriction"

    thanks,
    Tony
    ============

    wrote in

    +++++++++++++++++++
    Tony, May 25, 2007
  4. Tony

    Guest

    Tony <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Windows logon screen has no names.

    Put them in yourself, administrator as user, then enter.

    ><ctl-alt-del> brings administrator logon
    ><enter> blank gets message
    >"unable tolog you on because of an account restriction"

    I don't know if you can create a user account in the remote console.

    Do you hopefully have a second computer? if so download
    http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3674903/Hiren_s_BootCD_v9.0_incl._keyboard_patch
    http://tinyurl.com/2qomvj

    Use www.utorrent.com as a client

    How to http://thepiratebay.org/help they say azureus; it means
    Utorrent.

    Burn the ISO to CD and boot up with it. One utility is:
    utility to reset windows nt/2000/xp administrator/user password.

    Know how you delete'd your account, don't know why. But be very
    careful what you run on the Hiren CD.

    --

    And the people came forth and said "spread the code:
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0"
    And it was good.
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/05/24/1341222.shtml
    , May 25, 2007
  5. Tony