    ihug[fullstop]co[fullstop]nz
    (yes, really <g>)
    ***************
    Peter Huebner, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Peter Huebner

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Peter Huebner said the following on 7/11/2004 21:12:
    > Someone forwarded these instructions to me:
    >
    > 1) Go to www.Google.com <http://www.Google.com>
    >
    > 2) Type in "weapons of mass destruction" (DON'T hit return)
    >
    > 3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, NOT the "Google search"
    >
    > 4) Read the "error message" carefully and thoroughly.
    >

    > rotfl -Peter

    Ah another google bomb same as french military victories

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    A lie can travel halfway around the world
    while the truth is putting on its shoes.-Mark Twain
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
    can always depend upon the support of Paul."...George Bernard Shaw
    Collector_NZ, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Peter Huebner

    Murray Guest

    It is VVG, but it is not really an error message, just a page that someone
    has made available to look like an error message. The URL of the page is
    <http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk>.

    Murray, Nov 7, 2004
  4. In article <cmklsq$fvg$>, says...
    > It is VVG, but it is not really an error message, just a page that someone
    > has made available to look like an error message. The URL of the page is
    > <http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk>.

    Yupp, I realize that. I was just wondering out loud what hoops you have
    to jump through to make google pop your page up in that fashion (pun
    intended(I assume you followed the link at the bottom of the page)).

    -P.

    --
    ***************
    Peter Huebner, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Peter Huebner

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Peter Huebner

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:12:13 +1300, in message
    <>, Peter Huebner wrote:

    > Someone forwarded these instructions to me:
    >
    > 1) Go to www.Google.com <http://www.Google.com>
    >
    > 2) Type in "weapons of mass destruction" (DON'T hit return)
    >
    > 3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, NOT the "Google search"
    >
    > 4) Read the "error message" carefully and thoroughly.
    >

    > Subject: so how the heck did they get google to do this?

    If you want to know how they got Google to do this,
    read this Wikipedia page for a good explanation:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb

    FYI there are others, e.g. "French military victories".

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.
    Ralph Fox, Nov 7, 2004
  7. It seems like Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:27:41 +1300 was when Peter Huebner
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> It is VVG, but it is not really an error message, just a page that someone
    >> has made available to look like an error message. The URL of the page is
    >> <http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk>.

    >Yupp, I realize that. I was just wondering out loud what hoops you have
    >to jump through to make google pop your page up in that fashion (pun
    >intended(I assume you followed the link at the bottom of the page)).

    The "I'm feeling lucky" button takes you to the first page, which
    happens to be a page that looks like Google (in the case of french
    military victories).
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Nov 8, 2004
  8. Peter Huebner

    Warwick Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:27:41 +1300, Peter Huebner wrote:

    > In article <cmklsq$fvg$>, says...
    >> It is VVG, but it is not really an error message, just a page that someone
    >> has made available to look like an error message. The URL of the page is
    >> <http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk>.

    > Yupp, I realize that. I was just wondering out loud what hoops you have
    > to jump through to make google pop your page up in that fashion (pun
    > intended(I assume you followed the link at the bottom of the page)).
    >
    > -P.

    I am not sure, but the page is very old. Been at least a year since I first
    saw it, tho the wild blue yonder link was emailed to me, rather than the
    product of a search.

    Maybe it has just had more hits than any other page containing those
    keywords?
    Warwick, Nov 10, 2004