so confuse, what should I buy

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ninip, Jan 8, 2006.

  1. Ninip

    Ninip Guest

    Hi everyone
    I have WINXP--
    Pentium4 530 (P) HT 3.0 GHz: 800 MHz Front side bus 512 MB (2 x 256) Hard
    drive
    a.. a.. 200 GB SATA
    b.. 7200 rpm 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
    a.. must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage of the
    DL technology Video graphics Integrated with up to 64 MB allocated video
    memory
    b.. I also have a stand alone DVD Player/Recorder Liteon Model
    #LVW-5115GHC
    c.. I am wanting to copy my old VHS home movies to a DVD
    d.. So I copy them in my VCR to my DVD recorder and that is fine.
    e.. But how to I get them in my computer to edit?
    f.. Then what program do I buy for editing etc. I want something that
    is easy to use, but has some good features, example --color correction or
    should I say brightening up because allot of them are dark because made from
    an analog camcorder.
    g.. I have been surfing the net but one site reccomends this one another
    site recommends that one....
    h.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    i.. Thanks in advance
    Ninip, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Ninip

    Erick Guest

    You would need to hook up your VCR to a video capture device (external USB
    or internal) then stream the video into the PC and record it using the
    capture device's software. The resulting file will be huge, but you have a
    plenty large enough hard drive. Once done, you can use the software to cut
    the video into chapters, etc, and then format it for DVD recording complete
    with menus and all.

    Erick, Jan 8, 2006

  3. Ninip

    Ninip Guest

    Thanks, Erik
    But I have already recorded the disk from my stand alone DVD player/recorder
    so now I have a DVD+RW disk with my old home movie on it. But I would like
    to put it on my PC for editing etc.
    Ideas?
    Thanks

    Ninip, Jan 8, 2006
  4. "Ninip" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    > I have WINXP--
    > Pentium4 530 (P) HT 3.0 GHz: 800 MHz Front side bus 512 MB (2 x
    > 256) Hard drive
    > a.. a.. 200 GB SATA
    > b.. 7200 rpm 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
    > a.. must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage
    > of the DL technology Video graphics Integrated with up to 64 MB
    > allocated video memory
    > b.. I also have a stand alone DVD Player/Recorder Liteon Model
    > #LVW-5115GHC
    > c.. I am wanting to copy my old VHS home movies to a DVD
    > d.. So I copy them in my VCR to my DVD recorder and that is
    > fine.
    > e.. But how to I get them in my computer to edit?
    > f.. Then what program do I buy for editing etc. I want something
    > that is easy to use, but has some good features, example --color
    > correction or should I say brightening up because allot of them are
    > dark because made from an analog camcorder.
    > g.. I have been surfing the net but one site reccomends this one
    > another site recommends that one....
    > h.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    > i.. Thanks in advance

    There are several devices that let you capture analogue video (and
    sound) through a USB adaptor. The Belkin Hi-Speed DVD, VideOh! CD USB
    Kit, come with video recording and editing software. Check out
    online retailers.
    Boscoe Pertwee, Jan 8, 2006
  5. Ninip

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:58:59 GMT,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Ninip" <>
    spewed the following:

    |Thanks, Erik
    |But I have already recorded the disk from my stand alone DVD player/recorder
    |so now I have a DVD+RW disk with my old home movie on it. But I would like
    |to put it on my PC for editing etc.
    |Ideas?

    Try Windows Movie Maker. Cumbersome but it works.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
    --

    -nos1eep

    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/