    respons. How i can set SNTP so that the request starts with addresses
    of my eth interface?

    Thanks
    MaiO, Nov 9, 2005

  2. MaiO

    Merv Guest

    For NTP (note NTP not SNTP) there is a command "ntp source-interface"
    that can be used to control the source IP address in a NTP request.

    You could see if the SOHO 77 will:
    a) accept this command
    b) respect the command when generating a SNTP request
    Merv, Nov 9, 2005

  3. MaiO

    MaiO Guest

    on my SOHO77 there is not a support for ntp. Is there some escamotage
    for doing this even with SNTP?

    Tnx
    MaiO, Nov 10, 2005
  4. MaiO

    Merv Guest

    Setup a PC on inside network to get time form Internet vioa NTP or
    SNTP. Then point SOHO77 at PC to get tiem.
    Merv, Nov 10, 2005
  5. MaiO

    MaiO Guest

    Too complicated. Mi situation is LAN-----PIX-----ROUTER. I tought, if i
    set up a loopback interface, the sntp outgoing packet what source IP
    thay will have?
    MaiO, Nov 10, 2005
  6. MaiO

    Merv Guest

    The router will normally use the IP address of the interface "closest"
    (from a routing perspective) to the destination.

    PIX supports NTP ...
    Merv, Nov 10, 2005
  7. MaiO

    MaiO Guest

    I know that and on PIX there is configured allready ntp andy funcions
    marvelously.

    Can PIX act as NTP server?

    Tnx
    MaiO, Nov 10, 2005
  8. MaiO

    Merv Guest

    AFAIK the PIX can only be an NTP client not as an NTP server
    Merv, Nov 10, 2005