Snom Nicer phone compared to othere big players

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by m, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. m

    m Guest

    Well after Narrowing our asterik server settings down and picking
    hardware. I would have to say the most impressive phone on the market
    for the price and to be the phone for us for the future leading us
    into bigger and better things has to be the Snom. they got what it takes

    I had to share this with you.

    If you about to spend the big bucks on a cisco or a polycom take a good
    look at the snom 190. The features are mind boggling. Open source
    would be a keyword. Meaning a slowly but surly growing support.

    This phone runs Linux.

    Since I have not been able to see one web page show all the features and
    experiences with this phone the best way to show you it is from the
    numous pages highlights of the reviews that make the phone shine....

    snom190 the most secure IP business phone in the market today.
    http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/voip/voip-blog/new-snom-190-voip-phone.asp

    probably one of the best web administration interfaces I've seen on any
    embedded
    device.http://www.techtopia.com.au/product_reviews_info.php/products_id/1012/reviews_id/26

    Snome Wiki http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-SNOM phones

    Check out this companies philosophy... (they rock)
    http://www.snom.com/product_philosophy_en.htm

    And the features that I like is there sweet web interface, load your own
    ring tones, its possible to compile your own kernel for it.

    the biggest seller would have to be the Intercom feature. Yes after
    arguing out who supports what. and hearing about othere phones that can
    do it. nativly , I hear they also will be IAX compatibl... this phone I
    am supprised is not a must have. Like the Linksys wrt54gs router seems
    to be.

    Why mention this you ask. No I do not work for the company. But I sure
    would not mind paying less for the phone because it became a heck of
    alot more popular because it should be.

    Go ahead.. tell me why this phone is not the best bang for your buck for
    features and options. I am open minded. the more people complain the
    more Open development will go into it. Opensource work eventualy eats up
    closed source products. My personal oppinion.

    m.
    m, Dec 16, 2004

  2. m

    Martin² Guest

    SNOM - website - no prices - any ideas ?
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Dec 17, 2004

  3. m

    m Guest

    Because they are the manufactor.. its very common for manufactors not to
    list pricing.

    It just means they are not in the market of selling to consumers
    directly. that requires hassles of beyond there line of work.. to buy a
    snom phone you will require a retailer. try froogle.com or if you are a
    retailer yourself and would like to sell these itesm. (note you may have
    to purchace 10 at a time) you can contact one of there many resellers.

    m.

    m, Jan 5, 2005
  4. The 190 is roughly $200.
    The 200 is end-of-life.