    190. The only reason I have a sipgate account is that I can call Norway for
    free. Can I set it up so I only press one or two buttons to dial a number
    using sipgate when my default account is gradwell.

    Fred, Nov 5, 2005

  2. Fred

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-11-05, Fred <> wrote:

    > I've got a sipgate and a gradwell (the default account) account on a Snom
    > 190. The only reason I have a sipgate account is that I can call Norway for
    > free. Can I set it up so I only press one or two buttons to dial a number
    > using sipgate when my default account is gradwell.

    You might elicit a more helpful response from people if you would
    indicate whether these free calls on the Sipgate account go out on the
    PSTN or are SIP to SIP.

    Brian.

    Brian, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Fred

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2005-11-05, Fred <> wrote:
    > >
    > > I've got a sipgate and a gradwell (the default account)
    > > account on a Snom 190. The only reason I have a
    > > sipgate account is that I can call Norway for free. Can
    > > I set it up so I only press one or two buttons to dial
    > > a number using sipgate when my default account is
    > > gradwell.

    > You might elicit a more helpful response from people if
    > you would indicate whether these free calls on the
    > Sipgate account go out on the PSTN or are SIP to SIP.

    It would have to be to another Sipgate account or to another provider with
    peering. All PSTN calls from Sipgate are chargeable.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Fred

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-11-06, Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> You might elicit a more helpful response from people if
    >> you would indicate whether these free calls on the
    >> Sipgate account go out on the PSTN or are SIP to SIP.

    > It would have to be to another Sipgate account or to another provider with
    > peering. All PSTN calls from Sipgate are chargeable.

    To be more precise, there doesn't need to be any peering arrangement between
    Sipgate and another provider using <network>+<username>. All that the other
    provider has to do is operate an open network and accept any incoming SIP call.
    In that case there is no requirement to be registered with Sipgate.

    Brian.

    Brian, Nov 6, 2005