    How can I find out what version of snmp is on there

    I need to use mrtg to get data but i'm getting some errors

    thanks in advance
    Super Sleuth, Oct 12, 2008

  2. Super Sleuth <> writes:
    >on a 2900XL switch

    >How can I find out what version of snmp is on there

    >I need to use mrtg to get data but i'm getting some errors

    IOS has pretty much supported version 1 and version 2c pretty much
    across the board for any semi-modern version.

    As to knowing which version is *configured*, you would have to look
    at your specific configs to know that.. :)

    Either version will work just fine, although you can get 64-bit
    counters in SNMP v2c. Not that useful on the 2900XL series, but once
    you start getting some gigabit links, that comes in handy..
    Doug McIntyre, Oct 13, 2008