SNMP on ASA and VPN3000 Series

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Cliff, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Cliff

    Cliff Guest

    I have a custon SNMP implementation which does some good stuff for our
    VPN 3000 Concentrators.

    It uses ALTIGA-SESSION-STATS-MIB which is referenced here,

    http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=ALTIGA-SESSION-STATS-MIB

    basicaly it pulls info such as who's logged in, how many people are on
    specific concentrators etc.

    Now we're in the process of migrating away from the 3000s to newer ASA
    boxes, although they don't seem to support this MIB.

    I can connect to them using SNMP, but they dont respond to the OIDs etc
    in that mib.

    We also have some monitoring software called Intermapper, for which we
    have a probe written for the 3000s which used the same mib. Thats not
    working against the ASAs either.

    How do I get user connectivity info/stats out of one of the ASA box
    using SNMP? Is it a question of enabling it on the ASA box or do I have
    to use a different mib and re-develop the code from scratch?

    Any help appreciated

    Thanks

    Cliff Dabbs

    Cliff, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Cliff

    James Guest

    The VPN 3000's wern't originally a Cisco product - Cisco aquired a
    company called Altiga.

    As the ASA is based on the PIX platform you will have to take a look
    through the relevant MIBS here:-

    http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml

    James

    James, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Cliff

    Cliff Guest

    Thanks, thats great info....makes sense....its a pitty they omitted the
    one i was interested in!

    I'm looking through the mibs to find the info on connected
    users...don't suppose you know where it is?

    Thanks

    Cliff.

    Cliff, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Cliff

    Cliff Guest

    Thanks again...managed to find it...it was in the RAS Sessions MIB

    Now its starting to make a little more sense!

    Cliff.

    Cliff, Sep 12, 2006