SNMP on a 2620 router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bob Rivers, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Bob Rivers

    Bob Rivers Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to enable SNMP agent on my old cisco 2620 router, but i
    don't have expertise to do this.

    I am trying to enable it in orderto use MRTG.

    If I do a >show snmp, my router returns %SNMP agent not enabled.

    How do I do this?

    Is it possible to find a paper with the commands that the router
    console accepts? We don't have the manual, and in Cisco site I only
    found that my model isn't supported anymore and the commands of 2620MX
    (that replaced the old 2620) doesn't work.

    Tks,

    Bob.

    Bob Rivers, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Hi,

    You should be able to use the 2620XM commandset without any problems.
    Anyhow, to enable read-only snmp access for the community "public", the
    commands are:

    router> en
    router# conf t
    router#(config) snmp-server community public RO
    router# copy running-config startup-config

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Nov 3, 2003