    Is there a possibility to monitor the temperature of a cisco device
    using SNMP? If yes, how can I do that?

    Thanks

    tyeung@mk, Nov 19, 2005

  2. "tyeung@mk" <> writes:
    >Is there a possibility to monitor the temperature of a cisco device
    >using SNMP? If yes, how can I do that?

    Sure, if you have a device that would support it. Ie. a 7200 or
    Cat4500/Cat6500 certainly would have temperature probes you can measure.
    A 831 or cat2924 don't have them.

    You measure them out of the ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusTable in the
    CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 19, 2005

  3. Walter Roberson, Nov 19, 2005
  4. tyeung@mk

    Igor Mamuzic Guest

    2800 series ISR-s have 'show environment all' command that outputs system
    temperature (among the other things) in numerical form and the other devices
    I manage in my net (Catalyst 3750, 3550 and 2611XM routers) are showing
    temp only in descriptional form (TEMPERATURE: OK). This can be shown by the
    'show env all' IOS command.
    I suppose that you can pull these variables with SNMP.

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, Nov 20, 2005