    This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip messages(to
    reply to) in newsgroups?
    Thanks

    s, Jul 1, 2003

  2. s

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... s said:

    > This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip messages(to
    > reply to) in newsgroups?
    > Thanks

    To get rid of unnecessary content and/or reduce the overall size of a post.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 1, 2003

  3. s

    °Mike° Guest

    I presume you are talking about snipping irrelevant pieces
    of a message. Just highlight and delete the parts to be
    snipped, and add <snipped> where you have removed parts.

    How do I quote correctly in Usenet

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:38:26 -0500, in
    <>
    s scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 1, 2003
  4. s

    Graham Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:38:26 -0500, "s" <me> wrote:

    >This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip messages(to
    >reply to) in newsgroups?
    > Thanks

    I'm using AGENT and all i usually do is highlight the part i want as the quote
    and then click "post follow up".

    12NooN Search Engine - http://www.12noon.net
    $6 added to your account with FREE sign-up.

    MESSAGE BOARD - http://www.12noon.net/forum
    Join our FORUMS & chat to our AI robot.

    Graham, Jul 1, 2003
  5. s

    trout Guest

    s wrote:

    > This may be a dumb question, but here goes. How does one snip
    > messages(to reply to) in newsgroups?
    > Thanks

    As mentioned; just highlight and delete irrelevant sections that
    aren't necessary to understand your reply, and the point to which you
    are replying. Be careful not to alter the meaning of other people's
    posts, and acknowledge any removal with a <snip>.
    Watch your attributions, so that it's clear who said what. In a long
    thread, it's really a two-part process. First, select the text you are
    going to remove, and delete it. Then, go back up to the attributions,
    and remove the names of people that are no longer quoted, but be sure to
    leave the ones that *are*.
    (In a properly-quoted reply, there should be one less 'attribution'
    or 'generation' mark (like >) beside the poster's name, than their
    remarks.)
    --
    "It's easier than it sounds, once you're used to doing it."

    trout, Jul 1, 2003