    Which one do you prefer and why? Any pitfalls of going with smugmug?
    Thanks,

    Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Siddhartha Jain

    jtpryan Guest

    I have smugmug. Your information is incorrect. It is $30/yr for
    unlimited storage, no other charges unless you buy prints, etc. They
    display pictures in original format. Been there for over a year and
    love it. They just recieved an Editor's Choice award in PC Mag. I
    have nothing negative to say about them, nor am I affiliated in any way
    other then a satisfied customer.

    -jtpr
    jtpryan, Jan 25, 2005

  3. jtpryan wrote:
    > I have smugmug. Your information is incorrect. It is $30/yr for
    > unlimited storage, no other charges unless you buy prints, etc. They
    > display pictures in original format. Been there for over a year and
    > love it. They just recieved an Editor's Choice award in PC Mag. I
    > have nothing negative to say about them, nor am I affiliated in any

    way
    > other then a satisfied customer.

    http://www.smugmug.com/price/more-standard-features.mg
    ---snip----
    You can plot charts of every album's traffic every month. And see how
    many hits each individual photo gets.

    Smugmug gives you 2 gigabytes/month of traffic, enough to make you very
    popular. that's about 30,000 medium-sized (600-pixel) image
    views/month. And if you need more? Upgrade to power user and get even
    more popular.
    ---snip----

    My guess is you never hit the 2GB limit. I guess after you hit the
    limit they block access to your galleries and send out a mail to you
    asking to either upgrade to the pro pack or wait for the month to get
    over for the re-opening the gallery.

    - Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Jan 25, 2005
  4. jtpryan wrote:
    > I have smugmug. Your information is incorrect. It is $30/yr for
    > unlimited storage, no other charges unless you buy prints, etc. They
    > display pictures in original format. Been there for over a year and
    > love it. They just recieved an Editor's Choice award in PC Mag. I
    > have nothing negative to say about them, nor am I affiliated in any

    way
    > other then a satisfied customer.

    For eg. see these:
    http://mudlake.smugmug.com/photos/14543071-O.jpg
    http://mudlake.smugmug.com/photos/14314166-O.jpg
    Siddhartha Jain, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Siddhartha Jain

    Don Dunlap Guest

    Stay away from Pbase!!!!!!!! They have continual problems and will not
    answer any e-mail that you send asking for assistance with a problem. They
    are rotten!

    Don Dunlap

    Don Dunlap, Jan 25, 2005
  6. "Siddhartha Jain" <> writes:

    > Someone
    > also recommended smugmug which offers unlimited storage and charges you
    > for the data transfer per month.

    Your phrasing is incorrect.

    smugmug does not charge for the data transfer per month. Your annual fee
    covers storage and a maximum amount of data transfer, which amount varies
    with the user level. If you buy the standard account, you get a maximum of
    2G transfer per month at no charge other than the annual fee. If you buy
    the Power user account, you get up to 4G transfer. Pro accounts get
    8G. There is no 'charge for the data transfer per month.'

    smugmug estimages that 4G of data transfer is comparable to 60,000 views of
    a 600-pixel image. I assume the mean by that one of the dimensions of an
    image, not an image containing 600 pixels. :->

    Phil Stripling, Jan 25, 2005