    in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    accomplish the same end?
    John Jones, Detroit
    John Jones, Jul 27, 2006

  2. John Jones

    Paul Heslop Guest

    John Jones wrote:

    > Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    > eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    > Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    > few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    > in Photoshop Elements?

    It is certainly there. On the bit where you can see the tools there's
    a kind of hand shape looks like it's flipping the bird upside down,
    that's the smudge tool.

    There are probably better or cheaper ways I just assume he smudged
    some dark colour into the yellow, or something like that. It would
    depend greatly on how much work needed doing, like the size of the
    eyes. If you have elements the smudge tool is there and you'll soon
    know if it is up to whatever you wish to do.

    --
    Paul (she dreams in color, she dreams in red)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Jul 27, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    John Jones <> wrote:

    > Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    > eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    > Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    > few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    > in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    > accomplish the same end?
    > John Jones, Detroit

    Elements has the smudge tool, but it would be easier to just select the
    area of the eye and change the color to what ever one desires.

    --
    There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.
    Ockham's Razor, Jul 27, 2006
  4. John Jones

    irwell Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:17:27 -0700, Ockham's Razor <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > John Jones <> wrote:
    >
    >> Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    >> eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    >> Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    >> few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    >> in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    >> accomplish the same end?
    >> John Jones, Detroit

    >Elements has the smudge tool, but it would be easier to just select the
    >area of the eye and change the color to what ever one desires.

    No cloning tool?
    irwell, Jul 27, 2006
  5. John Jones

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > John Jones <> wrote:
    >
    >> Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    >> eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    >> Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    >> few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    >> in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    >> accomplish the same end?
    >> John Jones, Detroit

    > Elements has the smudge tool, but it would be easier to just select the
    > area of the eye and change the color to what ever one desires.

    With an all black animal, selecting the fill color is a problem. If you
    select black or just a dark color, you lose the eyes!!
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jul 27, 2006
  6. ? "John Jones" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    > eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    > Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    > few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    > in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    > accomplish the same end?

    There is some photo suite by a well known software company,I keep forgetting
    the company's name, that costs only 60 euros.Photoshop is normally only for
    professionals and costs 700 euros.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    542nd mechanized infantry batallion
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jul 27, 2006
  7. John Jones

    J. Clarke Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

    > ? "John Jones" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    >> Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    >> eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    >> Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    >> few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    >> in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    >> accomplish the same end?

    > There is some photo suite by a well known software company,I keep
    > forgetting the company's name, that costs only 60 euros.Photoshop is
    > normally only for professionals and costs 700 euros.

    Well, Adobe is a "well known sofware company" and Photoshop Elements goes
    for about 60 Euros.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Jul 27, 2006
  8. John Jones

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    John Jones <> wrote:

    > Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    > eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    > Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    > few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    > in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    > accomplish the same end?
    > John Jones, Detroit

    While I don't have elements (I'm using PS8) the normal way of altering
    eye color is lasso the iris and adjust the hue/saturation. Then finally
    clean up with either the smudge tool or the cloning stamp.
    Stewy, Jul 28, 2006
  9. John Jones

    Sheldon Guest

    "John Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    > eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    > Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    > few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    > in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    > accomplish the same end?
    > John Jones, Detroit

    Yes, Elements has a smudge tool, but flash pictures of cats are so cool I
    just leave the eyes alone. Everybody always asks me how I got the eyes like
    that.
    Sheldon, Jul 28, 2006
  10. ? "J. Clarke" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    >

    > > ? "John Jones" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > >> Friend of mine took some cat pictures and the flash caused "alien
    > >> eyes" (like red eye, but yellow) in the cats. Another friend used
    > >> Photoshop's Smudge tool to fix that. I'm not interested in spending a
    > >> few hundred bucks on Photoshop, so I'm wondering if that tool is also
    > >> in Photoshop Elements? Or if someone can recommend another software to
    > >> accomplish the same end?

    > > There is some photo suite by a well known software company,I keep
    > > forgetting the company's name, that costs only 60 euros.Photoshop is
    > > normally only for professionals and costs 700 euros.

    > Well, Adobe is a "well known sofware company" and Photoshop Elements goes
    > for about 60 Euros.

    No,I mean the Photo Suite by Pinnacle, which my computer vendor recommended.
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jul 28, 2006