    Mark

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, Jun 15, 2007

  2. Mark Rae wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can anyone recommend a good SMTP server which will run on 64-bit Vista
    >Business?
    >
    >I would only need it for software development and testing so free would be
    >good, but I wouldn't have a problem paying a reasonable amount of money
    >for a decent product...

    I think the basic IIS SMTP server is available to you in Vista Business.
    That may well be enough for you.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 18, 2007

  3. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Jun 18, 2007
  4. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message

    > Can anyone recommend a good SMTP server which will run on 64-bit Vista
    > Business?

    No-one got any suggestions? Is no-one using SMTP with Vista...?

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, Jun 18, 2007
  5. Mark Rae

    Jane C Guest

    OK, I'll jump in and have a go :)

    Found this one that works on x64 Vista. Bit of a pain in the proverbial to
    set up, but it works ok. Download is in a zip file, just unzip to a folder,
    find the readme and get confused from there ;-) It will run from the
    folder, no actual initial install required.

    Running as a service doesn't work - got the 'has stopped working blah
    blah' - but it does run from the System tray. And relays too.

    http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SMTP_POP3_IMAP_server.asp

    Link to download is down the page under Latest:
    http://www.lumisoft.ee/lswww/download/downloads/MailServer/

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, Jun 18, 2007
  6. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Jane C" <> wrote in message

    > OK, I'll jump in and have a go :)
    >
    > Found this one that works on x64 Vista.

    Thanks - I'll give it a go...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, Jun 18, 2007
  7. Mark Rae wrote:

    >"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I think the basic IIS SMTP server is available to you in Vista Business.
    >>That may well be enough for you.

    >http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...TF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_en-GBGB220GB220&q=Vista SMTP

    Ah, oops.

    You might look at http://www.argosoft.com - they make a .Net based mail
    server, so that should work on x64 as well as x86.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 19, 2007