    --
    My Reply To: address is valid!
    If you have doubts visit http://www.spam-trap.org.uk for an explanation.

    Malcolm Loades, May 10, 2009

  2. "Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > ... Dialling
    > UK mobiles (SMSlisto are very cheap for these) using the full
    > international dialling number works fine but it's a real pain. Is there
    > anything I can do to get round this? I'm using a FritzBox!

    In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
    adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.
    However, you may not have done so, hence it's impossible for SMSlisto to
    know that you are in the UK.
    But your solution is in the FritzBox:
    In the Internet telephony settings, you can "Adjust number format" by
    indicating which prefix digiots the numebr you dialed should be preceeded
    (e.g. 0044)
    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, May 10, 2009

  3. Malcolm Loades

    Graham. Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" <> wrote in message

    > "Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message
    >> ... Dialling
    >> UK mobiles (SMSlisto are very cheap for these) using the full
    >> international dialling number works fine but it's a real pain. Is there
    >> anything I can do to get round this? I'm using a FritzBox!

    > In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
    > adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.
    > However, you may not have done so, hence it's impossible for SMSlisto to
    > know that you are in the UK.
    > But your solution is in the FritzBox:
    > In the Internet telephony settings, you can "Adjust number format" by
    > indicating which prefix digiots the numebr you dialed should be preceeded
    > (e.g. 0044)
    > Philippe

    I take things a step further and get the dial-plan to prefix 0044161
    (I am in Manchester) when I dial a 7 digit local number.
    The idea is to have the VoIP line, as far as possible, behave like
    a BT landline. (I'm using Linksys kit, not AVM)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 10, 2009
  4. In message <4a070d92$0$2870$>, Philippe Deleye
    <> writes

    >"Malcolm Loades" <> wrote in message
    >> ... Dialling
    >> UK mobiles (SMSlisto are very cheap for these) using the full
    >> international dialling number works fine but it's a real pain. Is there
    >> anything I can do to get round this? I'm using a FritzBox!

    >In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
    >adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.
    >However, you may not have done so, hence it's impossible for SMSlisto to
    >know that you are in the UK.

    You're correct in that I didn't register with a UK address; I have
    property in Zimbabwe and used that address. I thought that this only
    mattered as regards billing and that current location would be based on
    the IP address accessing the system.

    >But your solution is in the FritzBox:
    >In the Internet telephony settings, you can "Adjust number format" by
    >indicating which prefix digiots the numebr you dialed should be preceeded
    >(e.g. 0044)
    >Philippe

    A cursory glance before posting seemed to suggest that prefixes only
    applied to outgoing calls by landline. Having pointed me in the right
    direction I found under Settings - Telephony - Internet Telephony - Edit
    Internet Number that ticking the 'Use country code box' and then putting
    44 as the country code and 00 as the IDD Prefix that all works perfectly
    :)

    Thank you.

    Malcolm Loades, May 11, 2009
  5. Malcolm Loades

    Chris Davies Guest

    Philippe Deleye <> wrote:
    > In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
    > adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.

    I've not found that (yes, I have a UK address registered on SMSListo),
    and I'm sure the website says that all numbers must be dialed in full
    international format..?

    Chris

    Chris Davies, May 14, 2009