    Have repeatedly tried & failed - their system keeps telling me to
    authenticate my mobile number.....which I do....& then it starts all
    over again.

    Jono, Apr 12, 2008

  2. Jono <> wrote:
    > I was beginning to suspect something like that.
    >
    > I managed to use a different mobile number and verified that which then
    > allowed me to buy credit (with a card I've used on many Betamax
    > variants)

    Tip: if you're paying by card, their card validation will fail your
    transaction if your postcode has spaces in it. Remove the spaces and
    there's more chance of it going through.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, May 27, 2008

  3. Jono

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 20:20:23 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote :
    >> Theo Markettos wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tip: if you're paying by card, their card validation will fail your
    >>> transaction if your postcode has spaces in it. Remove the spaces and
    >>> there's more chance of it going through.

    >> My firs SMSListo credit lasted forever (it seems)
    >> Unfortunately it wouldn't allow an automated top-up but the time 10 Euros
    >> lasts for short UK mobile calls is brilliant. More so if the account was
    >> set up as an American (outside Europe) account as there's no 19% German VAT
    >> applied.
    >>
    >> :¬)

    >I'll remember that when my top up is due!

    That is very interesting. I would have thought that it would have
    picked up the IP - or are you saying that you were physically outside
    Europe?
    In the case of the Betamax companies, considering the handling charge
    and the 19% VAT, I look at the non-VAT Euro cent prices and they are
    about equvalent to the real cost in pence.
    SMS Listo is good if you want to use it for texts but the downside is
    one less month of free calls than justVoip

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, May 28, 2008