    and have sorted the problem. They said they have rerouted the sms's. It now
    works fine. If you too had given up on it, you may find it works better now.

    Paul.

    Paul Newman, May 4, 2006

  2. Paul Newman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Newman" <> wrote in message
    news:%Hl6g.3164$
    > Just some info for you. Since sipgate added their sms
    > service (a few months ago?) I had sent about 10 messages,
    > only 1 had arrived, so I had given up using it. A few
    > days ago I complained to sipgate. They were very helpful,
    > and have sorted the problem. They said they have rerouted
    > the sms's. It now works fine. If you too had given up on
    > it, you may find it works better now.
    > Paul.

    I rarely use it, except on the rare occasion I need to send an SMS
    overseas, as I get free messages within the UK on my original Orange Out
    Here SIM, plus the Orange website, but on the few occasions I have used
    Sipgate's SMS gateway it has always worked, except for a couple of times
    for a day or two after it first came online.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 4, 2006

  3. Paul Newman

    TKD Guest

    > Just some info for you. Since sipgate added their sms service (a few
    > months ago?) I had sent about 10 messages, only 1 had arrived, so I had
    > given up using it. A few days ago I complained to sipgate. They were very
    > helpful, and have sorted the problem. They said they have rerouted the
    > sms's. It now works fine. If you too had given up on it, you may find it
    > works better now.

    It always works ok when I send single SMS messages but the muli-part ones
    come through as gibberish on some fairly recent Nokia handsets.

    TKD, May 4, 2006
  4. Paul Newman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "TKD" <> wrote in message
    > > Just some info for you. Since sipgate added their sms
    > > service (a few months ago?) I had sent about 10
    > > messages, only 1 had arrived, so I had given up using
    > > it. A few days ago I complained to sipgate. They were
    > > very helpful, and have sorted the problem. They said
    > > they have rerouted the sms's. It now works fine. If you
    > > too had given up on it, you may find it works better
    > > now.

    > It always works ok when I send single SMS messages but
    > the muli-part ones come through as gibberish on some
    > fairly recent Nokia handsets.

    I've never trusted mult-part SMS. I've had problems with them on many
    different types of phone. I think it's inherent in the way messages are
    broken up into parts rather than anything specific to one phone or
    provider.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 4, 2006
  5. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > .
    >
    > I've never trusted mult-part SMS. I've had problems with them on many
    > different types of phone. I think it's inherent in the way messages are
    > broken up into parts rather than anything specific to one phone or
    > provider.
    >
    > Ivor

    Anyone else having an issue, with texts from Sipgate to O2 not getting
    through?? When I asked I got an email saying the didnt know what the problem
    was, and credited my account for failed messages.

    Cheers

    Steve

    Stephen Douglas, May 8, 2006