    allow me to send sms directly from the phone?

    thanks and best regards,

    BN
    Bob Newheart, Mar 17, 2007

  2. Bob Newheart

    andy Guest

    On Mar 17, 11:13 am, "Bob Newheart" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I currently use Voipbuster with the siemens S450ip phone for my voip calls
    > and send and receive sms through the local land line telephone operator at
    > 0,15 per sms. Voipbuster offers sms at 0,03 per message but only through a
    > web interface, i would much prefer to use the phone. Does anyone know of a
    > sip voip provider which offers sms direct through a sms gateway which would
    > allow me to send sms directly from the phone?

    not SIP necessarily, but ...

    using a Java client and sending via wap/gprs data, look at smsbug
    vgsmail mobisms and vyke
    andy, Mar 17, 2007

  3. Bob Newheart

    Bob Newheart Guest

    TX for your reply but the whole idea is to send sms messages cheaply from my
    home phone (which is a Siemens Gigaset 450ip), no java there I'm afraid...

    cheers,

    BN

    Bob Newheart, Mar 17, 2007
  4. Bob Newheart

    andy Guest

    yep, sorry I wasn't concentrating enough when I read it, and those
    work from a mobile

    I don't know if what you hope will actually be possible though

    andy, Mar 17, 2007
  5. Bob Newheart

    Tim Guest

    Bob Newheart wrote:

    > I currently use Voipbuster with the siemens S450ip phone for my voip calls
    > and send and receive sms through the local land line telephone operator at
    > 0,15 per sms. Voipbuster offers sms at 0,03 per message but only through a
    > web interface, i would much prefer to use the phone. Does anyone know of a
    > sip voip provider which offers sms direct through a sms gateway which would
    > allow me to send sms directly from the phone?

    The Siemen's C460IP doesn't support SMS over SIP.

    Tim
    Tim, Mar 17, 2007
  6. Bob Newheart

    Bob Newheart Guest

    > The Siemen's C460IP doesn't support SMS over SIP.

    I found on a forum the s450ip also doesn't support this. However, the posts
    I came across suggest it can be done when including the Sipura3000/linksys.
    I have a question outstanding there as to how it's done with the sipura -
    will update if that leads to anything.

    BN
    Bob Newheart, Mar 17, 2007
  7. Bob Newheart

    Tim Guest

    Bob Newheart wrote:
    > I came across suggest it can be done when including the Sipura3000/linksys.
    > I have a question outstanding there as to how it's done with the sipura -
    > will update if that leads to anything.

    That's interesting.

    I wasn't aware this was possible. If you have a method, then I have
    Siemens phones and SPA-3102's here and I'm happy to experiment.

    Tim
    Tim, Mar 19, 2007
  8. Bob Newheart

    Bob Newheart Guest

    Regrettably the lead was a dud, the SPA doesn't do anything specific with
    sms. So back to sq 1. Seems the business potential for offering competitive
    rates for sms originating from land lines is deemed too small to offer, and
    it remains a monopoly for the traditional land line phone co's.

    BN

    Bob Newheart, Mar 19, 2007