    I have checked the details it says
    Sender: URGENT
    Messege Centre: +65441390203

    Have you recieved any Text Msg like this?
    Look like It not even sent from within UK???????

    Thanks
    MeAgain, Aug 26, 2003

  2. MeAgain

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as MeAgain continued:

    > Hi
    > I have got SMS today saying "URGENT! Your mobile number was awarded
    > £1500 bonus caller prize on 1/8/2003, This is our final try to
    > contact u! call from landline 09066369543 150PPM" sender URGENT.
    > I have checked the details it says
    > Sender: URGENT
    > Messege Centre: +65441390203
    >
    > Have you recieved any Text Msg like this?
    > Look like It not even sent from within UK???????
    >
    > Thanks

    Do you think it /maybe/ could be a scam, like the thousands of identical
    'call this number' scams in the past ?

    "Heads under rocks miss so much."
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 26, 2003

  3. MeAgain

    here at home Guest

    "MeAgain" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have got SMS today saying "URGENT! Your mobile number was awarded £1500
    > bonus caller prize on 1/8/2003, This is our final try to contact u! call
    > from landline 09066369543 150PPM" sender URGENT.
    > I have checked the details it says
    > Sender: URGENT
    > Messege Centre: +65441390203
    >
    > Have you recieved any Text Msg like this?
    > Look like It not even sent from within UK???????

    ------------
    I've had loads of these. Their plan is to get as much money from you as they
    can by you dialing that number, you along with loads of others and that
    means they'll get rich quick. It's just another get rich quick plan, just
    delete it. I even get junk mail telling me I've been chosen (out of millions
    of others) and won thousands of pounds if I give my credit/debit card
    details for a european lottery. It's all a con and they'll keep on chucking
    out this sort of crap because there are so many gullible people out there.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time. You can even fool all of
    the people some of the time. But you'll never fool all of the people all of
    the time".

    here at home, Aug 26, 2003
  4. MeAgain

    here at home Guest