    are jumpy. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem.

    Thanks

    Michael.
    Michael, Jul 7, 2006

  2. Michael

    Margolotta Guest

    On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:36:17 +0100, Michael wrote
    (in article <RGrrg.17889$>):

    > Ive just re-installed Win XP Pro, but when I use the scroll bars the pages
    > are jumpy. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Michael.

    <SIGH> Why is it that there are people who *STILL* believe that the XP
    installation CD contains all the drivers necessary for their hardware? If you
    want an OS that contains hardware drivers, then you should have bought a Mac
    - its OS contains drivers for 90% of hardware.

    The answer's simple: - you need to visit your graphics card manufacturer's
    website and download the driver for your graphics card. You may also need the
    software for your mouse (e.g. IntelliEye for MS rodents or Mouseware for
    Logitech, though YMMV).

    If you don't know what graphics card/rodent you have, then visit
    <www.raxco.com> and download the free version of Everest from the
    download/trial section. Run it (it's a self-contained executable - or it was
    the last time I used it) and it'll give you the low-down on all the hardware
    in your system. It may even give you links to the driver pages of the
    relevant manufacturers' sites (it's developed by the same bloke who developed
    the, now defunct, Aida32 and I know that did).

    Margolotta, Jul 7, 2006

  3. Michael

    Scraggy Guest

    Michael wrote:
    > Ive just re-installed Win XP Pro, but when I use the scroll bars the
    > pages are jumpy. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem.

    Talk to them soothingly.
    Then reinstall your mouse drivers.

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Jul 7, 2006
  4. Michael

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-07-07, Scraggy <> wrote:
    > Michael wrote:
    >> Ive just re-installed Win XP Pro, but when I use the scroll bars the
    >> pages are jumpy. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem.

    > Talk to them soothingly.
    > Then reinstall your mouse drivers.

    Sometimes a drop of washing-up liquid gets things running smoother.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jul 7, 2006
  5. Margolotta wrote:

    > <SIGH> Why is it that there are people who *STILL* believe that the XP
    > installation CD contains all the drivers necessary for their hardware? If you
    > want an OS that contains hardware drivers, then you should have bought a Mac
    > - its OS contains drivers for 90% of hardware.

    <SIGH> Why does it the likes of you *STILL* post here? Glutton for
    punishment?

    > If you don't know what graphics card/rodent you have,

    You obviously can't imagine anyone else knowing what rodent they have,
    because you can't. You could not possibly see around your hulking bulk
    in order to see or count the number of vermin making nests in the
    filthy, bulbous rolls of flab on you.

    > Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

    So much for being able to go back to your old service. Hard to do if
    you've been banned, eh?
    remote control, Jul 7, 2006
  6. "Margolotta" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:36:17 +0100, Michael wrote
    > (in article <RGrrg.17889$>):
    >
    >> Ive just re-installed Win XP Pro, but when I use the scroll bars the
    >> pages
    >> are jumpy. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Michael.
    >>

    > <SIGH> Why is it that there are people who *STILL* believe that the XP
    > installation CD contains all the drivers necessary for their hardware? If
    > you
    > want an OS that contains hardware drivers, then you should have bought a
    > Mac
    > - its OS contains drivers for 90% of hardware.
    >
    > The answer's simple: - you need to visit your graphics card manufacturer's
    > website and download the driver for your graphics card. You may also need
    > the
    > software for your mouse (e.g. IntelliEye for MS rodents or Mouseware for
    > Logitech, though YMMV).
    >
    > If you don't know what graphics card/rodent you have, then visit
    > <www.raxco.com> and download the free version of Everest from the
    > download/trial section. Run it (it's a self-contained executable - or it
    > was
    > the last time I used it) and it'll give you the low-down on all the
    > hardware
    > in your system. It may even give you links to the driver pages of the
    > relevant manufacturers' sites (it's developed by the same bloke who
    > developed
    > the, now defunct, Aida32 and I know that did).

    Oh my God! What is happening here? A helpful post from Sarah Balfour??
    Incredible!

    I'd just like to point out that it is a hell of a lot easier for MacOS to
    have "90%" of hardware drivers simply because of that there is a hell of a
    less hardware available that is compatible with Macs, but otherwise your
    post was uncharacteristically constructive.

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 7, 2006