    Can anyone confirm whether or not the "Pursuit Pack" features an
    anamorphic transfer of the original "Smokey and the Bandit" or not?

    -Eric
    Eric R., Apr 16, 2004

  2. Eric R.

    djskyler Guest

    "Eric R." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have the original Universal release of "Smokey and the Bandit"
    > (which is not anamorphic). And when I first heard about the new
    > "Pursuit Pack," I assumed it was just a repackaging of the original
    > releases of the three movies into a 3-pack.
    >
    > But I was looking at the packaging at a Best Buy the other day and it
    > said that the first film is presented in anamorphic. So I left to
    > wonder if this is true or just a packaging error.
    >
    > Can anyone confirm whether or not the "Pursuit Pack" features an
    > anamorphic transfer of the original "Smokey and the Bandit" or not?
    >
    > -Eric

    In the Pursuit Pack, "Smokey & the Bandit" & "Smokey & the Bandit II" are
    anamorphic letterbox. "Smokey & the Bandit Part 3" is non-anamorphic
    letterbox.
    djskyler, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Eric R.

    Dragon Guest

    dvd soon are really cheap at the moment for that

    Dragon, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Eric R.

    Eric R. Guest

    "djskyler" <> wrote in message news:<DXRfc.37444$>...

    > In the Pursuit Pack, "Smokey & the Bandit" & "Smokey & the Bandit II" are
    > anamorphic letterbox. "Smokey & the Bandit Part 3" is non-anamorphic
    > letterbox.

    Thanks for the help! Have you actually seen the first disc? How does
    the new transfer look?

    -Eric
    Eric R., Apr 16, 2004
  5. Eric R.