SME and MCDST scoring

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Guest, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Just thought I would throw this out. The first week of
    Dec me and my co-worker (we both took both beta exams)
    got an email saying MS wanted us to be part of the SME
    for this exam. We agreed, and although I couldn't make
    the flight my co-worker did. MS paid full round trip from
    here in Boston to Redmond, WA to sit on the panel to
    decide the score. He tells me it went well and he would
    know the score and results of the exam in the coming
    weeks. The instructor at the facility mentioned that if
    you got an email saying they wanted you to come to the
    facility then you "passed" the exams. I've attached the
    email I've received below. So sit tight and you will all
    get your results soon.

    The first email i got was this, I've pulled the name out
    of the sender:

    I'm xxxxxxx, Content Development Manager for Microsoft's
    Desktop Support Technician Exam 271. Thanks for taking
    our Beta exam. We're interested in your skills and
    knowledge of the Desktop Support Technician role and
    would like to know more about you. If you are interested
    in helping us as a Subject Matter Expert for this exam,
    please reply to this message and briefly answer the
    following questions:

    Do you currently support end users? How many hours a week
    and for how many months/years?
    If you do not currently support end users, how long ago
    did you support them? How many hours a week and for how
    many months/years?
    Do you have experience managing desktop support
    technicians? How long have you managed them?
    What city, state/region, and country do you live in?

    Thanks for your help. I'll get back to you shortly.

    So I replied positively, and then got :

    Based on your skills and experience supporting end users,
    we are interested in you attending a one-day standard
    setting meeting for Exam 271. The meeting is scheduled
    for Tuesday, December 16th in Redmond, Washington. If you
    are invited and able to attend, we would pay your travel
    expenses. However, your work as a SME would be on a
    volunteer basis, without pay. Are you available December
    15 - 17th and interested in participating?

    At this point it was to short of a notice for me.
    Guest, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Guest

    xakeP Guest

    Can anyone else comfirm this?

    xakeP, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I can confirm it with my co-workers pictures he took
    while being an SME onsite for this exam :) again, we both
    got this email I just could not have attended. The
    instructor told my co-worker that getting the email to be
    a SME meant also that we scored EXTREMLY high. You should
    see some of the stuff Microsoft has in the WA facility.
    They have a services called "Microsoft Dining" , its for
    food service.

    Guest, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    in addition to my first post on being invited to Redmond,
    WA for the 271, I received one for 272 today.

    Good Afternoon! If you are not in the continental United
    States, please delete and accept my apologies for the
    distraction. I am looking for experienced Desktop
    technicians who support applications. You are on this
    mailing because of your strong performance on the beta
    exam.

    Part of the development process for new exams is to set
    the passing standard for certification. We are
    progressing toward this milestone for the Microsoft
    Certification Exam 70-272: Maintaining and
    Troubleshooting Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP
    Platform for Desktop Support Technicians and we need your
    help to ensure the standard is set properly. We arranged
    to do this on January 6th but not enough people were able
    to attend. That said, I am reopening the session and
    would like 6-8 people to attend.

    The development team needs qualified beta examinees to
    attend a one-day meeting at Microsoft's Redmond campus.
    This meeting is to establish a fair passing score for
    Exam 70-272. You will be providing a key role in "setting
    the bar" that determines the standard required to gain
    certification for this exam.

    Where: Microsoft Main Campus, Redmond, WA
    When: Friday, January 16th 9:00AM to 4:30PM
    Travel: If you are not local to the Seattle, WA area, we
    will reimburse you all travel related expenses after
    attending this meeting.

    If you can attend this meeting please let me know ASAP.
    We are unable to pay fees for attending this meeting, but
    there will be a token gift for your participation and, of
    course, breakfast and lunch will be provided. If you
    confirm, we will get in touch with you by Tuesday to
    confirm your attendance, provide travel instructions and
    finalize meeting details.

    Thank you! Your interest and participation are much
    appreciated! Please feel free to contact me if you have
    any questions.
    Guest, Jan 10, 2004