SMC Wireless Router and Power Management

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Khaled Sultan, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Just bought an SMC Router SMC7004VWRB and connected it ok. But something
    funny is happening.

    I use power management, and I set it so that my computer turn off after 20
    min of non-activity. Ever since connecting the router I've realized that
    the monitor never turns off after 20 min.

    To find out the problem I set the turn off time to 1 min and noticed the
    following:

    After 1 min of non activity the monitor turns off.
    A few minutes later, the monitor turns back on (as if I had moved the mouse
    or touched the keyboard)!
    After 1 more min of non activity the monitor turns off again.
    Few minutes later, it's back on!

    So it seems to be detecting some sort of activity. This only started to
    happed after connecting my wireless router.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Khaled Sultan, Feb 25, 2004