Smartsuite converter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lafunga, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. Lafunga

    Lafunga Guest

    have you tried to open it in MS Exce yetl????

    "This space intentionally left blank!" <gimmie45@'No Spam'hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:2OfCb.49455$...
    | I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    | interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    was
    | using *.123 files.
    |
    | Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    (*.123
    | files) to Excel
    |
    |
     
    Lafunga, Dec 12, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Lafunga

    Lafunga Guest

    this might be the answer
    http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/



    "This space intentionally left blank!" <gimmie45@'No Spam'hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:2OfCb.49455$...
    | I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    | interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    was
    | using *.123 files.
    |
    | Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    (*.123
    | files) to Excel
    |
    |
     
    Lafunga, Dec 12, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I was
    using *.123 files.

    Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite (*.123
    files) to Excel
     
    This space intentionally left blank!, Dec 12, 2003
    #3
  4. No, as implied in the original post they are smartsuite files IE:
    Filename.123 and cannot be opened by Excel
    and thanks for the Gnome advice but i'm using windows, specifically XP and I
    really don't want to reformat to Linux or unix just to run Gnome.
    Thanks anyway


    "Lafunga" <> wrote in message
    news:yigCb.1683$...
    > have you tried to open it in MS Exce yetl????
    >
    > "This space intentionally left blank!" <gimmie45@'No Spam'hotmail.com>
    > wrote in message news:2OfCb.49455$...
    > | I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    > | interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    > was
    > | using *.123 files.
    > |
    > | Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    > (*.123
    > | files) to Excel
    > |
    > |
    >
    >
     
    This space intentionally left blank!, Dec 12, 2003
    #4
  5. Lafunga

    trout Guest

    This space intentionally left blank! wrote:

    > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    > was using *.123 files.
    >
    > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    > (*.123 files) to Excel


    Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    cheap and easy peak at the past.
    --
    "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
     
    trout, Dec 12, 2003
    #5
  6. Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
    Smartsuite anymore
    I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.

    Thanks anyway


    "trout" <> wrote in message
    news:brc960$1pcn4$-berlin.de...
    > This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
    >
    > > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    > > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    > > was using *.123 files.
    > >
    > > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    > > (*.123 files) to Excel

    >
    > Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    > that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    > with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    > There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    > just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    > cheap and easy peak at the past.
    > --
    > "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
    >
    >
     
    This space intentionally left blank!, Dec 12, 2003
    #6
  7. Lafunga

    rifleman Guest

    In article <oAiCb.49741$>, gimmie45
    @'No says...
    |
    |
    |Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
    |Smartsuite anymore
    |I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
    |
    |Thanks anyway
    |
    |
    |"trout" <> wrote in message
    |news:brc960$1pcn4$-berlin.de...
    |> This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
    |>
    |> > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    |> > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    |> > was using *.123 files.
    |> >
    |> > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    |> > (*.123 files) to Excel
    |>
    |> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    |> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    |> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    |> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    |> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    |> cheap and easy peak at the past.
    |> --
    |> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
    |>
    |>
    |
    |
    |
    I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
    will certainly open 123 files......
     
    rifleman, Dec 12, 2003
    #7
  8. Lafunga

    Livewire Guest

    In article <oAiCb.49741$>, gimmie45
    @'No says...
    >
    >
    > Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
    > Smartsuite anymore
    > I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
    >
    > Thanks anyway
    >
    >
    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    > news:brc960$1pcn4$-berlin.de...
    > > This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
    > >
    > > > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    > > > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    > > > was using *.123 files.
    > > >
    > > > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    > > > (*.123 files) to Excel

    > >
    > > Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    > > that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    > > with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    > > There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    > > just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    > > cheap and easy peak at the past.
    > > --
    > > "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
    > >
    > >

    >
    >
    >

    You can still get new copies of Smartsuite for £5-£20. Try a Google
    search.

    How about Open Office? might that do it?

    Below is part of a Microsoft newsgroup reply over this issue.

    "If you mean files with the .123 extension, then no software other than
    32-bit
    versions of 123 itself, Quattro Pro 10 and subsequent, and DataViz's
    ConversionPlus will read them. All are commercial software, none free.
    Buying a
    slightly outdated version of 123, such as Release 9.7, would be
    cheapest."
     
    Livewire, Dec 12, 2003
    #8
  9. Thanks people
    Just might have to live with the failure :)

    Rifleman, It's hardly bulk, only six files but in my version of MS Office
    Pro 2003
    I can't find any way of loading a *.123 file.
    How do you do it?

    "rifleman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <oAiCb.49741$>, gimmie45
    > @'No says...
    > |
    > |
    > |Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
    > |Smartsuite anymore
    > |I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
    > |
    > |Thanks anyway
    > |
    > |
    > |"trout" <> wrote in message
    > |news:brc960$1pcn4$-berlin.de...
    > |> This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
    > |>
    > |> > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    > |> > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    > |> > was using *.123 files.
    > |> >
    > |> > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    > |> > (*.123 files) to Excel
    > |>
    > |> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    > |> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    > |> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    > |> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    > |> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    > |> cheap and easy peak at the past.
    > |> --
    > |> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
    > |>
    > |>
    > |
    > |
    > |
    > I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
    > will certainly open 123 files......
     
    This space intentionally left blank!, Dec 12, 2003
    #9
  10. Lafunga

    rifleman Guest

    In article <oMrCb.50120$>, gimmie45
    @'No says...
    |Thanks people
    |Just might have to live with the failure :)
    |
    |Rifleman, It's hardly bulk, only six files but in my version of MS Office
    |Pro 2003
    |I can't find any way of loading a *.123 file.
    |How do you do it?
    |
    |"rifleman" <> wrote in message
    |news:...
    |> In article <oAiCb.49741$>, gimmie45
    |> @'No says...
    |> |
    |> |
    |> |Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
    |> |Smartsuite anymore
    |> |I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
    |> |
    |> |Thanks anyway
    |> |
    |> |
    |> |"trout" <> wrote in message
    |> |news:brc960$1pcn4$-berlin.de...
    |> |> This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
    |> |>
    |> |> > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    |> |> > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    |> |> > was using *.123 files.
    |> |> >
    |> |> > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    |> |> > (*.123 files) to Excel
    |> |>
    |> |> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    |> |> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    |> |> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    |> |> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    |> |> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    |> |> cheap and easy peak at the past.
    |> |> --
    |> |> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
    |> |>
    |> |>
    |> |
    |> |
    |> |
    |> I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
    |> will certainly open 123 files......
    |
    |
    |
    My error - of course Excel will read WK4 files, not .123!
     
    rifleman, Dec 13, 2003
    #10
  11. Lafunga

    rifleman Guest

    In article <oMrCb.50120$>, gimmie45
    @'No says...
    |Thanks people
    |Just might have to live with the failure :)
    |
    |Rifleman, It's hardly bulk, only six files but in my version of MS Office
    |Pro 2003
    |I can't find any way of loading a *.123 file.
    |How do you do it?
    |
    |"rifleman" <> wrote in message
    |news:...
    |> In article <oAiCb.49741$>, gimmie45
    |> @'No says...
    |> |
    |> |
    |> |Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
    |> |Smartsuite anymore
    |> |I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
    |> |
    |> |Thanks anyway
    |> |
    |> |
    |> |"trout" <> wrote in message
    |> |news:brc960$1pcn4$-berlin.de...
    |> |> This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
    |> |>
    |> |> > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    |> |> > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    |> |> > was using *.123 files.
    |> |> >
    |> |> > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    |> |> > (*.123 files) to Excel
    |> |>
    |> |> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    |> |> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    |> |> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    |> |> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    |> |> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    |> |> cheap and easy peak at the past.
    |> |> --
    |> |> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
    |> |>
    |> |>
    |> |
    |> |
    |> |
    |> I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
    |> will certainly open 123 files......
    |
    |
    |
    You could try saving the 123 files as CSV and then importing into Excel.
    Would that work? You might lose the formulae and formatting but at least
    you might get the data.....
     
    rifleman, Dec 13, 2003
    #11
  12. Lafunga

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    rifleman wrote:

    > In article <oMrCb.50120$>, gimmie45
    > @'No says...
    > |Thanks people
    > |Just might have to live with the failure :)
    > |
    > |Rifleman, It's hardly bulk, only six files but in my version of MS Office
    > |Pro 2003
    > |I can't find any way of loading a *.123 file.
    > |How do you do it?
    > |
    > |"rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > |news:...
    > |> In article <oAiCb.49741$>, gimmie45
    > |> @'No says...
    > |> |
    > |> |
    > |> |Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
    > |> |Smartsuite anymore
    > |> |I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
    > |> |
    > |> |Thanks anyway
    > |> |
    > |> |
    > |> |"trout" <> wrote in message
    > |> |news:brc960$1pcn4$-berlin.de...
    > |> |> This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
    > |> |>
    > |> |> > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    > |> |> > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
    > |> |> > was using *.123 files.
    > |> |> >
    > |> |> > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
    > |> |> > (*.123 files) to Excel
    > |> |>
    > |> |> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
    > |> |> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
    > |> |> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
    > |> |> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
    > |> |> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
    > |> |> cheap and easy peak at the past.
    > |> |> --
    > |> |> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
    > |> |>
    > |> |>
    > |> |
    > |> |
    > |> |
    > |> I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
    > |> will certainly open 123 files......
    > |
    > |
    > |
    > My error - of course Excel will read WK4 files, not .123!


    The original post has expired from my server, so forced to piggy back.

    Has anyone suggested the Lotus viewer available for download at
    http://www.lotus.com/products/smrtsuite.nsf/wPages/smartsuite?OpenDocument

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
     
    Oldus Fartus, Dec 13, 2003
    #12
  13. If the poster, Livewire is correct that Quatro Pro 10 will read these files,
    I would be glad to convert the files, as I have a legal copy of Word Perfect
    and Quatro Pro 10 is included in this suite. It's your call....;o)

    "This space intentionally left blank!" <gimmie45@'No Spam'hotmail.com>
    chiseled in stone, the following words news:2OfCb.49455$aT.22327@news-
    server.bigpond.net.au:

    > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
    > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I was
    > using *.123 files.
    >
    > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite (*.123
    > files) to Excel


    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    "This (TINT) is whatever I want it to be you bigfooted
    belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina."~Zigi~
     
    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 13, 2003
    #13
  14. Lafunga

    LaserLP

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    XP has a problem with Smartsuite. Try IBM's Symphony which is compatible with XP. Not sure about Vista and Win7.
     
    LaserLP, Sep 5, 2010
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Silverstrand
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    853
    Silverstrand
    Aug 29, 2005
  2. Chuck

    Favorites Converter

    Chuck, Dec 2, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,156
    Leonidas Jones
    Dec 3, 2005
  3. jcms69

    Lotus Smartsuite Problem - Win 98SE

    jcms69, May 5, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    572
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=
    May 5, 2004
  4. Fred

    Lotus smartsuite 97

    Fred, Nov 19, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    490
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Nov 21, 2005
  5. brntkobe1

    Moyea Video Converter with iPad video converter

    brntkobe1, Apr 18, 2010, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    761
    brntkobe1
    Apr 18, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page