    continues declining, while Linux is up 50%.

    Also some discussion over the relevance of app stores. They sound good, but
    I don’t think they translate to much real revenue or market share.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 24, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    John Little Guest

    > How many people give a toss about what OS their phone uses ?  I don't know,
    > and don't care what mine uses.

    You would, if you had a smartphone running Windows Mobile.

    Regards, John
    John Little, Feb 24, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    victor Guest

    geoff wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> Number one by a long shot is still Symbian, with RIM and Apple in
    >> distant second and third places
    >> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=31121>. Microsoft continues declining,
    >> while Linux is up 50%.
    >>
    >> Also some discussion over the relevance of app stores. They sound
    >> good, but I don't think they translate to much real revenue or market
    >> share.

    > How many people give a toss about what OS their phone uses ? I don't know,
    > and don't care what mine uses.
    >
    > geoff

    I expect its not a smartphone then.
    If it is you would need to know to install applications on it.
    victor, Feb 25, 2010
  4. In message <>, starlyte wrote:

    > On Feb 24, 2:52 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >> Number one by a long shot is still Symbian, with RIM and Apple in distant
    >> second and third places <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=31121>. Microsoft
    >> continues declining, while Linux is up 50%.

    > How do you calculate that it is up by 50%?

    11.3 million units up to 16.1 million—OK, that’s actually 43%. Not counting
    “otherâ€, which might include some Linux as well (e.g. Maemo, Moblin).
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 26, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    me Guest

    On Feb 26, 3:16 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <..com>, starlyte wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 24, 2:52 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:

    > >> Number one by a long shot is still Symbian, with RIM and Apple in distant
    > >> second and third places <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=31121>. Microsoft
    > >> continues declining, while Linux is up 50%.

    > > How do you calculate that it is up by 50%?

    > 11.3 million units up to 16.1 million—OK, that’s actually 43%. Not counting
    > “other”, which might include some Linux as well (e.g. Maemo, Moblin).

    So which is more important for you, being open source, or it being
    Linux? It seems to be a bit confusing based on your posts
    me, Feb 26, 2010